What's new

Gillette Fusion Power (No Joke)

Get the Power. I've used this without the power and its is completely different. The fusion has less irritation than the mach 3. Gillette claims it is because the blades are closer together, but I will say it has less irritation. also the extra blade on the back of the cartridge is awesome.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
I actually helped beta test this razor before it came out and wrote a pretty through review on it. I had to give my test one back but went out and bought one when it came in the stores.

I've used it for a couple of weeks and was pretty impressed that the motor actually made a difference, I get a cleaner, closer shave with the Power Fusion, but I just enjoy the process of using a DE more.

I would post my Power Fusion for sale or trade in the Shaving Mall but I'm afraid that I may get flamed. =X
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
3.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
D
displayimage.php

The Mach III power advertisements didn't impress me much... the whole concept seemed stupid, and I wasn't falling for it. The shick quattro? Oh PUH-LEAZE.... 5 blades, a huge strip to raise the hair on ones face, a single blade on the back for under the lip and sideburns and a gooey conditioning strip to boot? Talk about over-engineering.... but wait, how about a super dooper "Fusion sonic" engine to power the S.O.B. and then polish it off with a battery status indicator - just to beat a dead horse? What a joke.... but no - really it exists and I have the pictures to prove it... this sucker was just too stupid NOT to try.

displayimage.php

Ok.... so you open this "kit" (and it is a kit) and this is what you get...

displayimage.php

So how do you work this them thar thang?

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Ok - so push the button and shave away - big deal. Uhhh.... yeah.... 5 big deals.

displayimage.php

(Notice the blade in the BACK)
displayimage.php

This razor shaves like nothing else I have ever experienced... feels incredibly weird. As you drag it across your face it seems to draw VERY slow and requires a fair amount of effort... unlike anything I had ever used before. Not that it hurt at all, or even seemed like it was skipping... it just seemed like you were pulling an oar in a vat of hard butter... strange I though - seems like they use cheap *** blades... but then I felt my face - and to my surprise - it had taken a tremendous amount of hair off of my face with ZERO irritation. Well to cut the huffery out and get to the point - 4 passes later, and I feel this razor is outstanding. No elaborate explination necessary - 4 passes with this fusion provided me with a smoother, more comfortable shave than 4 passes with my Merkur Vision loaded with a Feather PT.... yeah, I am impressed too.

Special notes - this razor sucks when the little whiz bang motor is OFF. Surprisingly the motor makes a WORLD of a difference - enough so that I would NOT use this razor in the unmotorized form. Also - this is the FIRST gillette cartridge razor that did NOT tear my face off, or punish me with ingrown hairs - but with ALL of this said... I have only used this razor ONCE - and I shaved with it this evening (I didn't shave this AM) - so I will update this post - and possibly my results over the next few days.

Bottom line - My initial impression is that this sucker could VERY WELL knock my vision off the top of the moutain and become my daily shaver.... seriously - I am stunned too.
Top Bottom