What's new

Gillette Coolwave

Item Description

I was skeptical when I saw this on the shelf at walmart. I assumed when I saw the name and the modern packaging that it would be a another ho-hum product that smells like your average college freshman. Of course because I am a compulsive buyer of aftershaves (over 30 right now) I opened the shiny box and took a whiff.
Wow!
The first thing you get is a citrus/bergamot hit that is very fresh, clean and brisk. This drys down to a slightly smokey vetiver over the course of the day. Stays close to the skin, very nice for work.

It also has a nice menthol cooling effect to it. Not any real burn to it that I could detect. Did a good job of making my neck feel soothed. Not a moisturizer, but most splashes are not. I am glad that I took the time to open that box.
Also the bottle is a good design. The sides are scalloped for a positive gripping surface. The bottle is glass and I really like glass bottles. Made by Gillette in France.

A great product that I would recommend to all.:thumbup:

Latest reviews

Pros: scent, availability
Cons: none
I really like this, and more importantly, the wife does too. It's got a very clean, barbershop scent that hangs around for a bit before drying to a bit of a smokey scent before vanishing altogether. Very inexpensive and easy to find make this a great one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, staying power, nice scent, nice glass bottle.
Cons: No menthol, no glycerin
Yeah, I'm running with the Devil. :) This one surprised me. The frag lasts a long time, maybe a bit too long for an AS. It's probably closer to a cologne in that regard. After dry down I get a fair bit of pine. A very nice modern scent. I dinged it for points above because it has no glycerin (easily remedied) or menthol (somewhat surprising for a splash named "Cool Wave"). It is an alcohol-based AS and will burn, but that's not a negative for me. For the price, this one is a winner in my view.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I was all set to be underwhelmed by a Gillette AS but I will tell you straight off this is a quality product.
The scent is fresh yet retains some classic vibe, nicely packaged with a glass bottle,I would suggest that anyone try it.
I guess I will have to buy a second bottle as my teenage son seems to taken possession of mine.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
jessea12
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.88 star(s) 8 ratings

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from jessea12

• Opus X
    A fine smelling and performing soap from the good folks at SRD. This...
Top Bottom