What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge

I completely enjoyed my experiences with the Sharp Edges. Very sharp, more forgiving to me than a Feather, and not a terrible price either.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Price - Definitely not the cheapest

Quality - Excellent. Consistent blades, nice prints etc

Sharpness - Very sharp, not as sharp as Feathers but close.

Longevity - Average, 3 to 4 shaves. Even though these are not the cheapest blades, I very rarely use it after 3 shaves.

Smoothness of Shave - Very smooth. For me about the same smoothness than with red IP's and Derbys.

Packaging - Simple cardboard box, I like it.

Conclusion - Very very nice blade. Sharp & smooth. Not the cheapest though. Very similar to Derbys for me, so I'm not sure if I'll buy more of these or not, Derbys are much cheaper. But anyway, you should try this excellent blade!

(Merkur 34C & Col Conk Amber)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I'm disappointed with these Gillette.

The price is high compare to other brands (except Feather). The packaging is good but they put 4 spots of glue on the blade which is really boring.

The shave is just ok for me, nothing spectacular and this blade last only 3 shaves when I can have 4 shaves from a Red Personna and 5 from a Feather.

The Red Personna are clearly more confortable and smoother to my face.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Tried these in various razors with very little positive to report. Couldn't get a good shave, let alone a great one, with these blades. I found them to be a bit like Derbys but with less shaves per blade. I can at least get three shaves out a Derby. This is a middle of the pack blade for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
These blades are tied with the 7 O'Clock Permasharps as my favorites. They are a tad sharper, but also a tad less smooth.

Price - No complaints
Quality - Solid quality
Sharpness - 1 notch below a Feather
Longevity - 4-5 shaves, not bad
Smoothness - A tad rough but still smooth
Packaging - No gripes here

A wonderful blade!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
My faves, for sure. Feathers eat me up, Derbys irritate and take too many passes, Swedes are too expensive. These seem just about perfect in every way, and I'm about ready to stock up on a huge order of them. They are half the cost of Feathers, Swedes, or (ugh) Merkurs to boot. They work great in every razor I own. I love their smoothness yet they are able to deal with the toughest of stubble with no problem. Four day's growth? No problem. Tough areas to cut (chin, neck bits, etc.)...no problem! I've also gotten up to eight shaves per blade, and I have gotten no further than four with ANY other blade. Also never had a bad one in the pack, unlike most others I've tried (except Lord Platinums...those have all been exceptional). World class steel.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These are one of my favorite blades. Ask me two days in a row what my favorite blade is and one day I'll say Feather and the next I'll tell you Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge. They are more affordable than a Feather but IMHO offer just as high quality of a shave. I typically get one less shave than I do with Feathers, but for the price it's A-OK. If you haven't tried these yet do so!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
these are pretty ok blades.
In the 2 months I've been using DE's, I've tried about 8-10 diffrent brands of blades. The Seven O'Clock Sharp Edge falls in about 3rd place for me. The shave is about average comapared to all others. I think the price is a bit high. I could only get about 2-3 shaves per blade.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I love these razor blades. Smooth and sharp, get 3-4 good shaves with one blade. Great value.:001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
They are great blades.
Only Feather blades are better then these blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Outstanding blades; as good as the green India made 7 O'Clock blades.
A combination of sharp & smooth.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I haven't tried a swede, but these blades are sharp and smooth. A close shave is possible for little money with an agressive razor.
I use feathers on the less agressive razors I own, but this gillette blade is great for red tips etc.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
theses are the best blades i have used. i had to give it a perfect 10 as i have tried all the top blades from feathers to derbys and cannot believe how well they work for me.i even like the packaging and for the price as good as they perform they are a good deal. i have to say that as far as sharpness i see why they are compared to feathers but they are just so smooth. i got 8 days worth of shaves before i thought about retiring this blade.

i have over 200 of these and even thought about stocking up more.

randy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Price: 10 blades for $4.50 which isn't bad considering I probably shave every few days. You can get 100 blades for about $34 so when compared to other popular blades, these are middle of the road.

Quality: I ordered a blade sampler package from WCS and decided to pick up some of these blades as well. Now, I'm not expert with shaving yet and still have to refine my technique but where I stand now, I feel as though I've gotten a better shave with these blades than I have with the Swedes, Feathers, Crystals, and Personnas. You might want to take this with a grain of salt because I imagine the blades I used first were not getting a fair shake since my shaves have probably improved dramatically from that point.

Sharpness: As other have said, these probably aren't the sharpest out there but I have no issues with mowing down a few days worth of stubble with. I don't have as much experience with others but I can confirm that while not as sharp as Feathers, they are still plenty sharp.

Longevity: I believe I was on my 3rd shave this morning and I imagine I'll be getting another few shaves out this blade. Blades are so cheap (compared to cartridge) and since I'm not a daily shaver, longevity isn't a big factor for me.

Smoothness of Shave: This is where I feel these blades shine. It just seems that these blades glide more over my stubble than the other blades I've used. I don't experience any snags in my shave unless I'm trying to take things too fast. Again, I've tried most of the other popular blades but don't think they give as smooth of a shave as these. YMMV.

Packaging: Not a factor for me with my purchases.
For me, these blades have an amazing combination of sharpness and smoothness that results in excellent forgivability. I can be pretty cavalier with my razor and still have no nicks or irritation. I have recently discovered that some blades work better in my Fatboy than in my SS(and vice versa), but this blade works equally as well in either. I also like the all paper packing which is more eco friendly than the plastic/metal containers.

A downside for me is that I cannot get these locally so I have to pay shipping, but I highly recommend that one tries these blades for themselves.
these blades are excellent! I was a long time IP/Derby user. I put in a recent order for these and the green pack just to try them out, and I'm hooked!

Very sharp, gives a very smooth shave, and I have never had one blade last so long. With Derbys 3 shaves is the absolute limit. I got to shave number 8 with the first blade before I noticed any drag at all.

Very highly recommended
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I´ve been looking for alternatives to Feathers for use in my slant, and these.. are not it. I was advised to try these before making a large order of Feathers and so I did. Glad I only got ten, because I don´t see myself using these again.

The blades come in a cheap cardbord box of 5, and are individually wrapped in paper and plastic. Nowhere to dispose of used blades. There are four large spots of some kind of adhesive on each blade. I´ve never had any trouble loading blades evenly into any razor that I own, but these were noticably lopsided, the blade exposure was much larger on one side than the other.

I tried shaving with a variety of reliable creams and soaps and got immediate drag with all. These blades are not very sharp and the shaves not enjoyable. For me these are inferior to Derbys as well as Swedes and obviously Feathers. In fact the only blades I´ve tried that I like less are Merkurs and Personnas.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These are as sharp as a feather, very smooth and a decent price. They just don't last long enough, I get two good shaves before they start to drag. The packaging is just a cardboard box, each blade has waxpaper then a small paper envelope. It's good enough to protect the blades but just not as easy dispense a blade as the regular plastic cases, and there's nowhere to put the used blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I am trying these in a WCS sampler pack. The first blades I tried in the set were Greek Bic Chrome blades that were decent to good, but started to dull into the second shave :mad:
These blades are sharp and smooth and last longer than the Bic. I've gotten good quality shaves with no nicks after 3 and 4 shaves (I do a 3 pass technique, WTG, XTG and ATG). I've been using a black handle adjustable slim on 3, and an Aristocrat (late '40's model).

These are good quality blades and I will be using them more.:001_smile
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave