What's new

Frostbite After Shave

Item Description

From the all-natural ingredients, gentle skin feel, to the blast of minty Arctic Cold, Krampert's Finest Frostbite is a welcome addition to the world of After Shaves. Especially as the Summer months hit, this is something I'll be reaching for to keep cool after every shave.

Latest reviews

Pros: Cooling and Moisturizing
If you like menthol than you must try this. The best face freezer I have ever tried and I consider myself a Man of Menthol. Piney fragrance that is fleeting, but the real place this shines is with the cooling and healing. It contains Frankincense which I love. I consider this the best overall performer of all the face freezer after shaves I have tried.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cooling, Moisturizing, Gentle, No Burn, Minty
Cons: None
In my efforts to control the growth and spread of Shaving Gear Acquisition Disease (SGAD), I've been thankfully lucky (so far): I still have only 1 Razor, 1 Brush, and 1 Shaving Cream I've been using. :angel: However, I've spotted signs of this dangerous affliction growing in the area of After Shaves.

It started innocently enough: I had Musgo Real Balm (for sensitive skin and in case I was burning from a bad shave day). Then thanks to all the great word-of-mouth, I tried out Krampert's Finest Bay Rum for a gentle splash-style After Shave. Only two. Phew! Then Captain's Choice, and RazoRock King Louis AS, both excellent. "OK, that's it!"

Ah, but, no. After being so impressed with Krampert's Finest Bay Rum Acadian Spice (reviewed [link=http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=210930&title=krampert-s-finest-acadian-spice-bay-rum&cat=42] here [/link]), and hearing that they were releasing a new After Shave that was completely different, yet still gentle on the skin, I had to try it. I couldn't resist. :biggrin1:

A few days ago, my package of Krampert's Finest Frostbite After Shave (Combo Pack with Stainless Steel Flask) arrived (from Italian Barber). I eagerly ripped open the package and couldn't wait to shave the next day to try it. :wink2:

So after an outstanding shave, I vigorously shook the bottle of Frostbite (as recommended), and then applied it to my face. As I was applying it, the first thing that hit me was the scent:

* A deep Frankincense mixed with Menthol and a touch of Mint. Lovely.

I was expecting to be frozen by all the early reports by various people, but instead it felt gentle and there was almost no alcohol burn whatsoever! Even less than Krampert's Finest Bay Rum (which is already practically non-existent). I then continued to happily splash the Frostbite across the rest of my face and then...

PHWOOM! My face started to feel like I was being transported to the Arctic or Siberia. :001_smile And then it got colder, and colder, and colder, until I started to wonder, "So is this what it feels like to be Iceman?" :thumbup1:

Frostbite has a fantastic, super cool, icy sensation! It's pretty awesome. The cooling levels off, and after about 30 minutes or so, it gently fades away.

The Menthol and Frankincense and Mint scent also fades away about 30 - 45 minutes after, which is fine. And best of all, as with Krampert's Finest Bay Rum, the new Frostbite rates a fantastic "1" on the EWG Database:

(Ingredients and EWG report)
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product.php?prod_id=509069

Overall, from the all-natural ingredients, gentle skin feel (and the way it leaves my face feeling afterwards), to the blast of minty Arctic Cold, Krampert's Finest Frostbite After Shave (handcrafted in small batches in Maine, U.S.A.) is a welcome addition to the world of After Shaves. :001_smile Especially as the Summer months hit, this is something I'll be reaching for to keep cool after every shave.

Krampert's Finest Frostbite After Shave

(Score (out of a maximum 10.0))

* Scent: 8.5
* Moisturizing: 9.0
* Quality: 10.0

* Overall: 9.2
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)