What's new

Evan Williams 1783

Item Description

This really is a good bourbon, it's actually one of my favorites of the Evan Williams line and a bottle can easily be found for $10, it is well worth it and more.

This price cannot be beat, it is the least expensive bourbon I own and one I reach for quite often. This bottling is aged 10 years in new oak barrels and is 86 proof. In terms of value, this product is outstanding. It can hold it's own with bottles 3 times its price.

The 1783 has a very rye heavy mashbill and all the weight that goes along with it. The flavor is intense and has strong, spicy flavors with cinnamon, leather and spice with just a touch of oak. There are a few notes of molasses in the beginning.

The aroma is also dominated by rye. Fresh baked whole wheat break, leather, and saddles, along with a dab of honey and fall fields. There is also a slight note of strong oolong tea.

The packaging is definately the weakest point, but IMO it matters the least. The bottle is equipped with a screwtop rather than a cork, but a screwtop while less fancy is no less effective.

This bourbon is a standard daily sipper. It will mix well and is very full and supple when taken neat. A bottling that fans of rye mashbills should always have on hand.

Here's a link to a Discussion Thread

Latest reviews

this is a great bourbon for the price.i like to put it in my Crystal Decanter and serve it to my friends and thay think im serving them a much more expensive bourbon.
This really is a good bourbon, it's actually one of my favorites of the Evan Williams line and a bottle can easily be found for $10, it is well worth it and more.

This price cannot be beat, it is the least expensive bourbon I own and one I reach for quite often. This bottling is aged 10 years in new oak barrels and is 86 proof. In terms of value, this product is outstanding. It can hold it's own with bottles 3 times its price.

The 1783 has a very rye heavy mashbill and all the weight that goes along with it. The flavor is intense and has strong, spicy flavors with cinnamon, leather and spice with just a touch of oak. There are a few notes of molasses in the beginning.

The aroma is also dominated by rye. Fresh baked whole wheat break, leather, and saddles, along with a dab of honey and fall fields. There is also a slight note of strong oolong tea.

The packaging is definately the weakest point, but IMO it matters the least. The bottle is equipped with a screwtop rather than a cork, but a screwtop while less fancy is no less effective.

This bourbon is a standard daily sipper. It will mix well and is very full and supple when taken neat. A bottling that fans of rye mashbills should always have on hand.

Here's a link to a Discussion Thread
Aroma
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
TimmyBoston
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Consumables (Reviews)

• Glendrostan Blended Scotch Whisky
    A humble review of a scotch whisky that is blended from a recipe prior...
  • Silver Bayou Rum
    "Silver Bayou Rum is proofed with triple filtered fresh water...
  • [Shiraz]
    There are several different varieties of this from Rosemont Estate...
  • Choklat
    A chocolate stout that tastes like chocolate. A rich stout that tastes...
  • Blue Cap
    Brewed in Belgium by Trappist Monks. Bold, Full Bodied, Sweet, and...

More from TimmyBoston

Top Bottom