What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Glendrostan Blended Scotch Whisky

Item Description

Tonight I am going to do a quick review on a mixed Scotch Whisky that was given to me by a nice fellow. Glentrostan is the brand and the label shows a connection to New Jersey - Northvale specifically.
20170430_222615.jpg

Poured a decent amount into a tulip glass with a touch of water to open it up.

20170430_222554.jpg

Initial smell is of rubbing alcohol, as opposed to what some online reviews state. A follow up smell to ensure I was not being too rough was undertaken with the result also being rubbing alcohol. At this moment, my expectations plummeted and I felt my nostrils had been violated. However, much to my surprise, this really came through on taste and texture. It is on the lighter (Highlands) side - a bit sweet with a changing scent after sipping of almost honey. A second sip revealed a bit less of a pleasant surprise, but not too shabby. I would not put it in the league of the JW Blender's Batch I have been slurping lately, but it is not a bad scotch for the price.

Overall, I'd give it a 6/10. The packaging leaves something to be desired; the smell (prior to tasting) is not great; the taste and texture is surprisingly light and sweet; and the price, from my research is reasonable.

-Snurgblat

Item information

Added by
Snurgblat
Views
Last update

More in Consumables (Reviews)

• Silver Bayou Rum
    "Silver Bayou Rum is proofed with triple filtered fresh water...
  • [Shiraz]
    There are several different varieties of this from Rosemont Estate...
  • Choklat
    A chocolate stout that tastes like chocolate. A rich stout that tastes...
  • Blue Cap
    Brewed in Belgium by Trappist Monks. Bold, Full Bodied, Sweet, and...
  • Blue
    Refreshing with a hit of Blueberry in the middle. Sweet and refreshing.

Share this item