What's new

D.R. Harris Almond Shave Soap

Item Description

Great scent, if you like light, soapy, and powdery. Not sickly sweet like some cherry almond scents, I personally do not detect but a hint of almond. What mostly comes across is light and powdery. I personally prefer the scent of Arlington, but Almond would be a close second for me.

Harris always has the best lather of any soap I've used, and I've used a lot of soaps. 3 swirls (back and forth) on this soap and I have enough to cover my entire shave.

Slick and smooth, with no drying effect whatsoever.

Did I mention mine has lasted over a year? It just lasts and lasts.

The only negative is the ~$20 retail price at some vendors, but if you do some sleuthing you can find it under $15. Great value at either price, however. Highly recommended.

Regards.

J

Latest reviews

Pros: Great lather
Cons: Not your usual almond scent, if you call that a negative.
I am a recent convert to D.R. Harris shaving soaps, picked up the Lavender back in the spring and it has become one of my go to's. I picked up the almond shave soap two days ago on sale (the store overbought) and used it for the first time yesterday and again today. Usually I wait to do my reviews.

Performance wise, I love D.R.Harris shaving soaps, extremely easy to get a lather either from a pure badger travel shaving brush or a higher end Muhle silver tip. No nics and my face is feeling great at the end of my shave.

Now a word regarding the scent, this is not your usual almond, I use T&H almond cream and Cella in the red tub and DRH is not the same by any stretch. More nutty, if you can say that. Not that this is a bad thing, just takes some getting used to.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
First use of this product today and only my second use of a DR Harris Soap. I was very surprised and happy with this selection as it has quite the unique scent and a strong performer in my book. The actual fragrance is hard for me to pin down but it is NOT a sweet almond scent that the DR Harris Almond shave cream has. It is a very old school unique scent that Im quite pleased with and I look forward to using this product on a weekly basis as I explore other lathering agents outside of my previous Fidelity to Trumper Rose Shaving Soap which held my attention for so long. I think price is relative and I consider this purchase to be a fair one and not outside my comfort zone at all. You get what you pay for and with this particular DR Harris offering, you get a First Class Soap IMO.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is an incredible SS. The scent leaves much to be desired but its performance makes up for it in droves.

Ultra-slick and long-lasting, this is one of the best soaps out there.

Item information

Added by
yomuppet
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
1.25 star(s) 4 ratings

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

More from yomuppet

Top Bottom