What's new

D.R. Harris Arlington Shave Soap

Item Description

When you first open the package there is a bright citrus note, almost like fruit or a candy. Way too much citrus for me.

But then you go back to it the next day, it's a little less. Repeat for a week or two, and now you have a nice deep fern scent. It's intoxicating really. The scent will stay this way for the rest of the soap's life (mine has, and I've been using it daily for a year).

Best lather of any soap I've used, and I've used a lot of soaps. 3 swirls (back and forth) on this soap and I have enough to cover my entire shave.

Slick and smooth, with no drying effect whatsoever.

Did I mention mine has lasted over a year? It just lasts and lasts.

The only negative is the ~$20 retail price at some vendors, but if you do some sleuthing you can find it under $15. Great value at either price, however. Highly recommended.

Regards.

J

Latest reviews

Pros: Smell and latherability
Cons: Non so far
Had mine for some time now in mahogany bowl. When I opened it the smell made me smile, it is so amazing and fresh. I love it! Used it with my Larry Andro's Whipped Dog Silvertip and Black badger and non of them had any problem with making the richest lather ever! Shaved with EJ DE86 with new Feather blade and it was a joy. Hadn't felt the blade on my face at all! No irritation, and no dry skin.

Price maybe to much, but I think it is worth it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather
Cons: A bit finicky
I know almost everyone loves this scent - but it's lemon pez to me, with a fern background. Too artificial, and very dis-similar to the rest of their scent line. Still, the lather is wonderful.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Smell, lather
Cons: none
I have just come back from London, where I popped in to DR Harris, I spent a small fortune in there, loads of soaps, creams, and a few razors, only becuase they have DR Harris written on them.......anyway back to the Arlington, well I was given a sample for smelling purposes...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ARLINGTON...I love that smell clean, fresh and did I say mmmmmmmmmm, good lather, I bought a bowl and a stick and they make for a fantastic shave, nice smooth and mmmmmmmmmmm that smell ! :drool:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)