What's new

Cremo Cream is SLICK

Price - got it for 6.00 on sale at some beauty shop

Quality - Good stuff

Scent - I like it - to me it is a crisp - clean - fresh type of smell

Packaging - I wish the cap would not let water in as I shower shave and when I pick it up the cap has collected and holds water- the water does not get to the product it just spills out when getting a portion for use.

But it is supplied in a ample amount - goes a long way and works very very well and is priced right.

I like it enough to buy it in bulk when I find it on sale.

Creamo Shave Cream :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up a tube of Cremo Cream at Shopper's Drug Mart (Canada) for $8.99 after seeing all of of the reviews. I had heard that this product is extremely slick and provides a relatively good shave with little to no irritation, nicks or cuts.

True to its word, at least for me, Cremo Cream performed extremely well. I did exactly what the instructions on the tube suggested: I rubbed a small amount (pea-sized dollop) onto my face and combined that coating with a little bit of water. This combination of water and cream created a super-slick, film-like substance. As I shaved, I was amazed at how smooth the blade traveled across my face, even against the grain. The cream rinsed off easily and my face was left feeling smooth and comfortable.

In recent shaves, I have found that applying a thin layer of pre-shave oil before smoothing on the cream works even better.

As was previously mentioned, however, there is no cushioning of the lather when the blade glides across your face. If you're someone who enjoys that sensation when shaving, this probably isn't the best product for you.

However, if you are looking for something a little different, and can't always manage a traditional brush shave, Cremo Cream is worth a shot.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've been using Proraso for a number of years. Proraso products have been steadily going up in price in the U.S. so I figured I'd try some American made products to save a few bucks and maybe support some American jobs. I tried a few U.S. made products and I can now safely say the search is over, Proraso wins.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good product and I liked it a lot, but Proraso works the best (for me) and I don't think I'll find something to completely replace it. However, I wouldn't mind keeping a tube of Cremo handy at all times for the sake of variety because I did like it.

Price: 10/10. I paid about 8 bucks for one tube and considering you only need a little bit, you get a lot of cream, and the quality is better than other creams costing 2 or 3 times more I'd say price is very competitive and "blue collar friendly."

Quality: 9/10. Good quality, a good example that you don't need to spend a lots and lots of money to get a good product. Is it perfect? no, it still has some minor issues and needs a bit of work, but a good product nevertheless.

Scent: 10/10. I don't care what they say, I love the scent. The best part is that it doesn't linger after you wash it off.

Latherability: 8/10. Although it's meant to be a brushless/latherless cream I had no problem lathering this stuff in a bowl. Granted, the lather produced is not as thick as what you get with other products, but it covers the face effectively, remains slick, and provides good cushion. The only issue I had is that the lather tends to dry a but faster than other products. I think a lathering, more traditional version of this product would be a killer. By the way, in my opinion, this stuff works better when lathered in a bowl.
Not realy crazy about it when used brushless.

Efficacy: 8/10. Works good and protects against irritation, not as good as Proraso though.

Moisturizing: Like no other, 10/10. This is the ONLY dimension in which this cream out performs my beloved Proraso or anything else I have used. If you have problems with dry skin (specially during the winter) try Cremo.

Packaging: 10/10. This never affects my decision to buy a product. As long as the packaging holds up good, keeps the cream contained, and is easy to use it will always get a 10.

Conclusion: give this a shot. Not something I would use exclusively but I will definetely keep it around and use it regularly for a change of pace, especially during the dry months. If Cremo came up with a more traditional lathering version and had a similar cooling sensation to Proraso, there is no doubt in my mind I'd use it exclusively.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I got a free sample of Cremo Cream when I purchased some stuff from an internet vendor. It took me a few weeks before remembering I had that sample and after reading the reviews here I decided to try it.

Overall, I am not impressed.

I put a low Quality rating since for me quality relates to the enjoyment I get from shaving with the product. I did not get much enjoyment. I compare the lack of enjoyment I derived from Cremo Cream to what I can feel when using commercial canned cream or gel.

For the first pass, I applied it with my fingers on my wet face as recommended. It gave a weird feeling since you have almost nothing on the face, no real lather. Still, the razor glides on the skin, the lubrication seems to be there, but the feeling is strange when you are used to the luxurious lather that soaps or creams can make.

For the second pass, I decided to lather with the brush. It does lather although as some have already pointed, it's tricky to get the good water/cream ratio. I had more lather on the face, at the expense of somewhat less lubrication.

The scent is not pina colada since they apparently changed the formula. It's more of a citrus/orange scent. It's not bad, but it's not that good either.

The only positive aspect is the moisturizing capacity. My skin did not felt dry at all, and even less dry than after some soaps.

Conclusion: I ended up with a less than average shave, with more than average irritation and some redness in the neck, and I did not enjoy the feeling it gave me. I threw the rest of the sample in the thrash.

This thing is just not for me I guess.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I tried Cremo with my brush and applying directly several times. I love the smell, but it just does not work for me. The lather ability issue listed in previous posts is the problem with using a brush. When applying directly, I created a mess trying to keep it wet enough to keep from clogging my razor. And, when I got it wet enough, it wasn't very slick at all. I had this same issue using my brush. If I get it wet enough to keep from drying out, there's no cushion and a mess is everywhere. I'll go back to canned goo before I mess with this any more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I received this cream in the mail today from WCS. Yet to actually use it for a shave, but during the lather test I couldn't place the smell but it seemed SO familiar. Then it hit me... This cream (to me) smells EXACTLY like alka seltzer. I'm not too partial of alka seltzer, hopefully the shave quality outweighs the scent.

edit: if anyone can confirm a similar scent identification for me, please tell me I'm not crazy!
I have been using Cremo Cream for 3 months now. I initially used it per the directions on the package. After reading the posts on this product I started to use it as a base before lathering up with my favorite soap or cream. I like it much better this way. This is a wonderful product, it gives smooth close shaves. I do not like using it by itself because it does not lather and the smell is terrible. Fortunately when you lather up with your favorite soap or cream the scent of the Cremo Cream disappears. It leaves you face smooth and moisturized after shaving. Also, it prevents nicks and cuts. I agree that this product would be perfect if it came unscented.:001_rolle
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I am using my scuttle to warm the cream before shaving and applying it with my brush. It is easier to apply with the brush and after using a scuttle plastering a cold goo on my face just isn't appealing.

Results are that cremo is extremely slick & helps give a very close shave. A small amount in the scuttle applied enough for 3 passes with plently left over.

Low marks on the scent - which is very light (fortunately) but reminds me of a diet tang-like powder scent (perhaps crystal light powder) which I don't care for.
ps49556n;540472 said:
Price: A tube of this cream goes for around $14 which is not bad at all compared to the english creams and others which go for double that easily.

I paid $6.49 for it at Wegmans supermarket. And that included a fog-free mirror with suction-cup mount.

Cremo is all around great (except for the smell.) When I first got it, its the only cream I had found that didn't make me go running back to Proraso.

Right now, I'm on the Tabac-a-thon train for November, but tonight, I'm going to try the Tabac-Cremo superlather that someone else recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Creamo was a bit of an oddity for me. The price is great and I love the citrus scent more than most citrus scented creams but the lather/slickness was something to ponder. It took me longer to get a good shave with this cream because if I was of by the slightest amount in the cream to water ratio it was all screwed up. Too little water = very slick/no lather. Too much water = mounds of lather but no slickness. I found that the sweet spot of the two left little wiggle room. Don't get me wrong, when you get it right it great but I've been wet shaving a while now and I've never had so much trouble getting the balance right. YMMV.:biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is my first shave cream (other than can goo) since I switched to DE, and it's the only one I've tried, so I actually have no ability to compare. I'm sticking with it for two reasons:

1. As I go through a sampler of blades and learn my beard characteristics, I change only one variable at a time
  2. It works!

As for the scent, you guys who only smell coconut or who think that's the predominant aroma -- get a new nose! It's mainly orange/tangerine, some other citrus, and the coconut is there but not the primary scent. I rather like the scent, and as noted, it goes away fast after the shave and does not interfere with any AS or cologne.

Quality is great, though I do wish it would lather. I don't know why I want that, since it works so well and the slick film on the face does its job amazingly well. But I would still like some lather. :biggrin:

The fact that adding a bit of water after a pass re-activates the stuff is amazing, and makes it more economical. Price is not bad, mind you, especially the Wegmans price in a package that includes a fog-free mirror.

My moisturizing rating is a bit funny ... it does a great job while shaving, but it seems to dry up fairly quickly. I don't notice it actually drying up my skin after the shave is complete, but I make sure I use Nivea ASB (sensitive) afterward to make sure my skin is not dried up.

All-in-all, a great product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is the new formulation and I have to say it works as well as the old coconut scented stuff. Which is very well indeed! My shaves are very comfortable and smooth. In that sense it is a smashing success. There are a few problems with it for me though.

The scent is better than the coconut. I understand that many liked the coconut and that you can still get that scent. The new scent is very orange. I love orange, but this orange is very strong (good) and artificial (bad).

The cream takes a lot of work to get off my face when I am done shaving. My favorite - Speick cream - comes right off with a towel. This stuff I had to rinse and rinse and rinse again.

My face feels dryer than the way the Speick leaves it. That's not a bad thing. I have oily skin and drying creams are a good thing usually. Except the Speick was never a problem for me.

(Can you tell I'm a Speick groupie?)

However, it works very well without a brush. The quantity you get for the price you pay is amazing. The packaging is fine - a simple plastic tube. I got the promo pack with the mirror, which I will never use. I would have preferred just the cream. I suspect this stuff will be out for trade. A very mixed bag for me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
New scent is reminds me of orange soda. Works well brushless as directed, but you can use it just fine with a brush if you desire. Cremo has the interesting side effect of removing all the soap residue from the inside of my bowl. Very slick, but not cushioning. Moisturizes very nicely. My go to travel cream when I don't want to deal with packing up a wet brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
On the mornings when I don't have the time for the full luxo-shave ritual (preshave lotion, hot towel, premium shave cream whipped into mounds of lather by the best of badger...) I reach for my Cremo Creme.

This stuff is sssssslick! Its super concentrated, so you don't need much. Just rub it on your wet face, then add a bit more water if you want it even more slick. 3 quick passes (rubbing on a little Cremo with each pass) and I'm out the door with a BBS shave, and a nice moisturized face to boot!

IMHO this is the very best Shaving Creme for a newbie to work on their technique, because you can see what you're doing, and watch the angle of your razor much easier than when you have a thick lather on your face.

Gave Cremo a neutral rating for scent (coconut with a chemical undertone). Latherability rating is a problem because it isn't supposed to lather, that would be like rating a shaving oil on latherability. I gave it a 10 to keep the rating high on this excellent, and in my experience, unique product.

Add Cremo to your rotation, you won't be sorry.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Cremo is one of my favorites and is one half of my baseline lather combined with Tabac S/S.

I use Cremo as a prep, sometimes with a brush, sometimes just building it up on my face using my hands and hot water. Then adding my soap to it and really working up a great, slick lather that any razor I use just glides right over it.

Cremo is my first choice for a prep when a shower isn't an option due to time restraints, hot towels and water at the sink are enough with this stuff.

Dinged a little for the scent because while it doesn't smell great, it doesn't smell bad either, kind of neutral to my nose.

Moisturizing, I still have to use an ASB, but that's true with almost all other soaps or creams, YMMV!

Cremo Cream = Highly Recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I used this the day after I had gotten a little too rough and given myself some razor burn. It really helped to still give me a great shave, and now my face is almost back to normal. I haven't tried to use it with a brush, because that is not in the instructions. I just put it on after a hot shower, and it works great! The scent is pleasant, but somehow doesn't do it for me in the morning. The piña colada scent somehow makes me feel like I am drinking before noon. I do think it would be great for travel though, because you wouldn't need to pack a brush.
Martin
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
D
I get great shaves with Cremo, even with my sensitive skin and tough beard. It provides the best lubrication and glide of any cream I've ever used and it rinses off pretty easily. There's been a noticeable reduction in irritation and razor bumps since using Cremo on a regular basis. And , I get some of the closest shaves possible without much effort. I just finish my shave off with a cool water rinse and a thin layer of Naturade 80 Aloe Gel and I'm set for the day.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Tried it today--and got a fabulous shave. :thumbup1: slick beyond imagining, which in turn means superior lubrication and razor glide. In fact, so slick that a couple of times I thought my fingers would lose their grip on the razor, and it made stretching somewhat tough as my other hand kept losing its purchase on my skin. Great shave, though the scent is not one of my favorites. There are three foods that I don't like--liver, beets, and--you guessed it--coconut, but all that notwithstanding, the shave was truly superior.
Now here's the thing: it's intended as a brushless--water activated, and all that. The instructions say to rub a very light coating on the skin, and then work it in with TADA! Water! Well--that's what wet shaving is all about. by way of experiment, I grabbed my brush, wet it, and ran it over my face, and boy did I get gobs of lather! rich, extra moist lather. then I took a almond sized dollop, put it in my mug and worked up a lather with my brush, and the lather just grew and grew. Second pass--I wet the brush with a bit more water, and if anything, got more lather than I did the first time.
This is definitely one to keep in your arsenal, and the fact that it comes in a tube makes it particularly easy to pack for travel.
Definitely recommended, and if you're a coconut lover, you'll rate it higher than it did because of the scent.
Eric
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Cremo is fantastic because it works. It keeps your skin smooth and slick throughout the shave.

When I first put the dab on the brush tips and tried to lather it up, I was supprised at the lack of lather. That's why I gave the "latherability" a 7. Oh, it lathers more after the second pass, and it feels great. But the efficacy of the cream is not the lather, like most shaving creams. Somehow, and I don't know why, this stuff works because the more water you add (with your brush or by splashing), the slicker it gets.

I got a smooth, nick-free, very close shaves.

I gave the secnt an 8 because it's nice and fades after a few minutes, but it's close to a coconut scent, which I personally don't prefer. It's clean, fresh, sweet, and unusual- just not my personal taste.

I'm going away in a month or so, and this is what I'll take with me. I can say that this is my favorite shaving cream thus far: slicker than any of the three Ts, Nancy Boy, Musgo, or Proraso. I'll rotate because I love the variety, but Cremo ROCKS! (And, for comparison, I LOVE Nancy Boy and T&F's Ultimate.)

Discuss
Top Bottom