What's new

Creed Silver Mountain Water

Item Description

Price- overpriced, but as are all Creeds-- Goto a discount place online that is trusted

Quality- Creeds are known for quality, this is no different

Packaging-great packaging, embossed box, interesting bottle, cap, history,e tc.

Scent- can be worn by both sexes, but I still associate it with males. Prominent Tea and Currant notes, with some musk, Citrus, and of course ambergris.

Complexity-the scent evolves nicely on me, but I always keep the Currant and Tea prominent on my skin.

Staying Power= clings to my undershirts, and I get wifts from it all day, sometimes till the wee hours. I'd say about 8-9 hours for me.

Quality of Atomizer- Almost all Creeds are great, this one is a fabulous sprayer, with very good coverage.

Latest reviews

SMW was a pleasant surprise. The citrus/tea/berry combo plays very differently than I had imagined. I find tea to be a challenging accord in all scents, one that I rarely like at first, but tend to appreciate with time. That's what happened here. The tea spiked with citrus was sharp, tangy, and earthy. Hard to describe it any other way. As the citrus developed (it doesn't actually burn off completely), so did the currant and juniper-like notes, and the "ink" note seems to tie the whole fragrance together. It is quite different from anything I've smelled before. As a Creed, I have to admit that it is unexpected and totally unique. It makes sense that this is Olivier's favorite, as well as the preferred choice for many others. My only gripe is the packaging - the opaque white bottle just doesn't suit the scent, and looks a bit cheap. They need to rethink their packaging for SMW, Himalaya, and GIT, and revert to the clear-bottle that they now make for Millésime Imperial. If you're tired of Creed's Millésime formula and find Millésime Imperial to be too melony, give this one a try. I don't know if it has any sex appeal, but it is a sturdy and classy alternative to the hum-drum that's out there.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Silver Mountain Water is indeed similar to Millesime Imperiale with a black currant note swapped for the melon note in MI.

Creed considers it unisex, but I believe it's predominantly worn by men.

It's a fresher, more modern Creed and while it could be worn by anyone, it's probably a bit better on younger men. But I find I can wear it as a casual scent and I'm in the "mature" category. Personally, I would not like this with a suit.

I'm not saying it smells like Azzarro Chrome, but it has that lighter, fresher vibe and have had some guess that's what I was wearing when I've worn SMW.

It is a scent women tend to like, so if that's a consideration, give it a try.

My biggest issue is longevity. Like MI, it wears pretty light and fades pretty fast on me. But I have read many comment it lasts a good long time, so YMMV.
Lots of scents are short lived on me.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Silver Mountain Water is not very long lived on my skin and it's basically a Millesime Imperiale with berry scent instead of a citrus scent. I would prefer Imperial over Silver Mountain Water for overall scent and longevity. It's like a fruity herbal tea infusion with sandalwood in the background. Not bad but it's not for me. I can see someone using this in any season though. Definitely apply more with this one.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
rvbert0
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from rvbert0

Top Bottom