What's new

Creed Silver Mountain Water

SMW was a pleasant surprise. The citrus/tea/berry combo plays very differently than I had imagined. I find tea to be a challenging accord in all scents, one that I rarely like at first, but tend to appreciate with time. That's what happened here. The tea spiked with citrus was sharp, tangy, and earthy. Hard to describe it any other way. As the citrus developed (it doesn't actually burn off completely), so did the currant and juniper-like notes, and the "ink" note seems to tie the whole fragrance together. It is quite different from anything I've smelled before. As a Creed, I have to admit that it is unexpected and totally unique. It makes sense that this is Olivier's favorite, as well as the preferred choice for many others. My only gripe is the packaging - the opaque white bottle just doesn't suit the scent, and looks a bit cheap. They need to rethink their packaging for SMW, Himalaya, and GIT, and revert to the clear-bottle that they now make for Millésime Imperial. If you're tired of Creed's Millésime formula and find Millésime Imperial to be too melony, give this one a try. I don't know if it has any sex appeal, but it is a sturdy and classy alternative to the hum-drum that's out there.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Silver Mountain Water is indeed similar to Millesime Imperiale with a black currant note swapped for the melon note in MI.

Creed considers it unisex, but I believe it's predominantly worn by men.

It's a fresher, more modern Creed and while it could be worn by anyone, it's probably a bit better on younger men. But I find I can wear it as a casual scent and I'm in the "mature" category. Personally, I would not like this with a suit.

I'm not saying it smells like Azzarro Chrome, but it has that lighter, fresher vibe and have had some guess that's what I was wearing when I've worn SMW.

It is a scent women tend to like, so if that's a consideration, give it a try.

My biggest issue is longevity. Like MI, it wears pretty light and fades pretty fast on me. But I have read many comment it lasts a good long time, so YMMV.
Lots of scents are short lived on me.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Silver Mountain Water is not very long lived on my skin and it's basically a Millesime Imperiale with berry scent instead of a citrus scent. I would prefer Imperial over Silver Mountain Water for overall scent and longevity. It's like a fruity herbal tea infusion with sandalwood in the background. Not bad but it's not for me. I can see someone using this in any season though. Definitely apply more with this one.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Wow this is one of my favorites of all time. The scent lasts forever on me and have never had a bad thing to say about this unless you are talking about the price. I put this on one morning before I went to work and then in the late afternoon went to a dentist appointment. Every single female in the office had to come in and check out the scent I was wearing. I do not wear this everyday but when I do I get nothing but compliments.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I recently tried this in a series of Creeds. I've never really looked much into Creed because I do not like the price, and generally don't like going into the triple digits for a fragrance, especially for 50mL or less bottle.

The Creeds I have tried all had various things that were interesting, but I found them too sweet at times, and having a scent that I can only equate to a laundry detergent. Very synthetic, biting, musky, and odd.

Creed Silver Mountain Water is a fairly enjoyable fragrance at first spray. I found aspects in it I enjoyed, but I also found it to smell similar to Green Irish Tweed in some ways, which I do not enjoy at all. Once again, there is an unusual, synthetic "twang" to it is irritating to me, and I find it gets more and more potent in the drydown. I don't like it.

The simple saving grace for SMW is that the time from initial spray to drydown to non-existent smell on my skin is a whopping 15 minutes. I kid you not. 15 minutes later and it is as if I never applied a fragrance at all. And I have oily skin.

Do I like the smell? At first spray, sure. I can definitely detect violet in there, and I do enjoy that sharp, green floral quality that violet contributes to this. And unlike Green Irish Tweed, the sharpness here is comparably very mild, while GIT is so incredibly green and sharp and punches you in the nose with it all day long along with the Tide laundry detergent smell.

Bottom line: There was an equal amount of dislike and like when it came to this fragrance, but at 15 minute longevity and $110+ for a small bottle, I'd rather stick to something a bit more affordable and with more longevity.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Over priced.
Quality... Certainly above Mainstream, but IMO the Creed line is not the highest quality there is. They are a overhyped on Basenotes and they are starting to be overrated here.
This is a fresh fragrance in the same lines of Erolfa and Millesime Imperial. Quite similar to Unforgivable PE with more ambergris. Downside:. TONS of fake bottles out there. Unless you really trust a vendor you better get yourself a bottle form a good source paying retail price.
Another weakness is its longevity. Below average IMO.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Price- overpriced, but as are all Creeds-- Goto a discount place online that is trusted

Quality- Creeds are known for quality, this is no different

Packaging-great packaging, embossed box, interesting bottle, cap, history,e tc.

Scent- can be worn by both sexes, but I still associate it with males. Prominent Tea and Currant notes, with some musk, Citrus, and of course ambergris.

Complexity-the scent evolves nicely on me, but I always keep the Currant and Tea prominent on my skin.

Staying Power= clings to my undershirts, and I get wifts from it all day, sometimes till the wee hours. I'd say about 8-9 hours for me.

Quality of Atomizer- Almost all Creeds are great, this one is a fabulous sprayer, with very good coverage.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)