What's new

Colgate Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream

Item Description

I'll admit, I've been on quite a nostalgia kick lately, so I've decided to review the products that got me to where I am in my shaving journey. They might not be the most respected products on B&B, but they've certainly worked for me, and I use them often and still come to rely on them for a great shave.

Colgate Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream is an old-school cream that most here on the forum know, since you've probably used it, and either love it or hate it.

Personally, I'm in the former crowd, as Colgate takes me down memory lane, and reminds me of something that my father certainly would have used when he shaved.

Colgate is one of those products you can't go wrong with, if you know how to use it correctly. When I say that, I mean use common sense. First, you have to make sure that your face is wet enough so that the cream attains the correct level of lubrication. If you just apply it to dry skin, it's almost as if you're shaving with air, and I'll guarantee that you will get nicks/cuts.

The slickness/lubrication is on par with most other aerosol products. I use it in the shower, and I have yet to get any nicks or cuts with the product. With good technique, you'll find that Colgate will give you a BBS smooth shave that rivals most fancy creams/soaps.

The smell is very masculine, and reminds me of a barber shop experience. I like using the product as a "getaway" from some of the girly-smelling creams that I own.

The packaging is pretty simple, and a push of the button yields enough cream for lathering your face on the first pass. If you choose to go ATG, you'll have to re-lather again with a fresh amount from the can.

It isn't the most moisturizing cream, so you'll have to use an ASB afterward if you have overly sensitive and/or dry skin.

Colgate is pretty cheap to begin with, but unfortunately, it's been discontinued since early 2008. If you're lucky, you can find it online at some stores. I personally stocked up on enough to last me years, since I love it that much. If you can find it, then give it a try!

Latest reviews

Someone seems to have this habit of only reviewing canned goo!
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
I'll admit, I've been on quite a nostalgia kick lately, so I've decided to review the products that got me to where I am in my shaving journey. They might not be the most respected products on B&B, but they've certainly worked for me, and I use them often and still come to rely on them for a great shave.

Colgate Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream is an old-school cream that most here on the forum know, since you've probably used it, and either love it or hate it.

Personally, I'm in the former crowd, as Colgate takes me down memory lane, and reminds me of something that my father certainly would have used when he shaved.

Colgate is one of those products you can't go wrong with, if you know how to use it correctly. When I say that, I mean use common sense. First, you have to make sure that your face is wet enough so that the cream attains the correct level of lubrication. If you just apply it to dry skin, it's almost as if you're shaving with air, and I'll guarantee that you will get nicks/cuts.

The slickness/lubrication is on par with most other aerosol products. I use it in the shower, and I have yet to get any nicks or cuts with the product. With good technique, you'll find that Colgate will give you a BBS smooth shave that rivals most fancy creams/soaps.

The smell is very masculine, and reminds me of a barber shop experience. I like using the product as a "getaway" from some of the girly-smelling creams that I own.

The packaging is pretty simple, and a push of the button yields enough cream for lathering your face on the first pass. If you choose to go ATG, you'll have to re-lather again with a fresh amount from the can.

It isn't the most moisturizing cream, so you'll have to use an ASB afterward if you have overly sensitive and/or dry skin.

Colgate is pretty cheap to begin with, but unfortunately, it's been discontinued since early 2008. If you're lucky, you can find it online at some stores. I personally stocked up on enough to last me years, since I love it that much. If you can find it, then give it a try!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)