Items by SiBurning

The Black Torpedo Espresso Blend from AJ Coffee Co. isn't just for espresso, but sure seems made for it. My attempts to brew this in a press and drip resulted in a sour cup, reminiscent of under-extracted espresso. Then I used an Aeropress and found a delicious and surprisingly mellow cup. The flavors from the Aeropress-made coffee are deep, rich, and complex. The body & mouth feel are rich & thick. The overall taste sensation is mellow, dark, and ethereal, ever changing, and hard to pin...
This Guatemala Antigua from AJ Coffee Co. is a pleasant, well balanced cup of coffee. Rich flavors in a deep roast, delicately balanced to bring out the deeper flavors, including a bare hint of roasty flavor that never hides the lighter notes underneath. While rich in flavor, it's rather mellow, and would complement rather than compete with other subtle flavors. It's a great coffee to go with delicate treats, or for every day drinking. A good average that could please most any palate...
I'd been meaning to try Jasonian's coffee ever since he opened his AJ Coffee Co. roasting website, but never got around to it until he approached me to sample it and post a review. The timing couldn't have been better. My roasting machine had just broken down. While I don't like to review gifts, I was in need of good coffee, so I placed an order for 2 bags, and he sent along a third bag gratis. I left it to Jason to choose the coffees. The care that Jason takes in roasting his coffee is...
Top Bottom