Items by saxifrage

Oh, Passage d'Enfer. With a name that means "The Gates of Hell" one might expect this to be the essence of brimstone and carrion. But, alas, the name simply refers to the street in Paris on which L'Artisan Parfumeur had its headquarters, and the aroma experience is a polar opposite: it's the scent of sanctity, purity, and meditation. This is another one of Olivia Giacobetti's creations, featuring notes of aloe, white lilies, frankincense, and myrrh. What this equates to is a light...
I've blabbed about this a few times in the forums, but I decided to go ahead and create a review for this in case anyone else would like to chime in on it. In short: I'm not fond of many Creeds, I hate the price, and I hate the staying power. Unfortunately, Bois de Cedrat is also a rather ephemeral scent unless I spray it about 5 or 6 times on me, preferably on my chest. However, it is a comforting, clean, and enjoyable fragrance that still exudes the same class and sophistication...
I'm a big L'Occitane fan, so I'll try and not be too biased. There, I got that out of the way right off. Sometime last year, L'Occitane had a 25% off sale, and I decided to go whole hog and spend about $100. I had plenty of shave soap, and I have 3 of their colognes, and the CADE ASB, and CADE styptic pencil, so I decided I would get a whole bunch of bath gel, the CADE Juniper Bark Scrub, and this little jar of goodness for $38. The packaging for this "Youth Concentrate" says that...
Wow. Where to begin on this one. I'm amazed this one hasn't been reviewed yet. It's truly one the best colognes I've smelled. L'Occitane describes the scent as the following: Fragrance of the 4 Thieves. A deep, seductive and utterly masculine aroma complex that lures with woodsy notes of cedar and clove, and intimates spicy conviviality with bergamot, lemon, clary sage, basil and juniper. Named after a Provençal legend. The box describes it a bit differently. It says: A...
Top Bottom