What's new

Creed Bois de Cedrat

Item Description

I've blabbed about this a few times in the forums, but I decided to go ahead and create a review for this in case anyone else would like to chime in on it.

In short: I'm not fond of many Creeds, I hate the price, and I hate the staying power. Unfortunately, Bois de Cedrat is also a rather ephemeral scent unless I spray it about 5 or 6 times on me, preferably on my chest. However, it is a comforting, clean, and enjoyable fragrance that still exudes the same class and sophistication you'd find in Blenheim Bouquet, but instead of the astringent pine, it's replaced with a more palatable cedar.

The first spray is a very strong, fresh lemon accord. Cedrat is citrus medica, which is a bitter lemon that is primarily used for its scent, and not for consumption. It's not particularly juicy and is pithy. The scent is a green and zesty lemon scent. As it dries, elements of the cedar come out, along with an unusual petroleum smell that isn't offensive. It's a waxy aroma. It's a cooler scent, not sweet at all, and very straightforward. I would have a hard time finding this scent offensive if worn at work. I'd find it more approachable than Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, which I really wanted to like, but couldn't.

All in all -- a very simple lemon/cedar fragrance. Not long lasting. But enjoyable. Bargains can be had on the internet in finding it, but as it appears with all Creeds, counterfeiting is rampant and you have to be careful.

I'd probably be safe to say (after smelling an assortment of Creeds), that this is the only one I've bought and probably will buy again.

Rather than create a new thread, I will just link it to a BdC thread I made a couple of weeks ago and further commentary can be directed there!

Latest reviews

Top Notes: Sicilian lemon
Middle Notes: Calabrian Mandarin
Base Notes: Cedarwood, ambergris

The Cedar mixed with orange and lemon give off a slight bugspray smell that dissipates quickly. After that the very realistic lemon shows up. After some time the Mandarin (very realistic) appears. The Cedarwood is very light and mixes with all of them. It smells very very good but the only problem is the sillage is non-existent and I had to bring my nose very close to the skin to get these notes. If I were to get this I would probably have to use 3 good sprays to get anything out of it otherwise I probably couldn't tell I was wearing any fragrance. Of course depending on your skin YMMV. It smells nice close up but I wouldn't pay the enormous price for this. The cedar in the Bois du Portugal was much more evocative. Though if you want a light fragrance this is about as light as you can get.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I've blabbed about this a few times in the forums, but I decided to go ahead and create a review for this in case anyone else would like to chime in on it.

In short: I'm not fond of many Creeds, I hate the price, and I hate the staying power. Unfortunately, Bois de Cedrat is also a rather ephemeral scent unless I spray it about 5 or 6 times on me, preferably on my chest. However, it is a comforting, clean, and enjoyable fragrance that still exudes the same class and sophistication you'd find in Blenheim Bouquet, but instead of the astringent pine, it's replaced with a more palatable cedar.

The first spray is a very strong, fresh lemon accord. Cedrat is citrus medica, which is a bitter lemon that is primarily used for its scent, and not for consumption. It's not particularly juicy and is pithy. The scent is a green and zesty lemon scent. As it dries, elements of the cedar come out, along with an unusual petroleum smell that isn't offensive. It's a waxy aroma. It's a cooler scent, not sweet at all, and very straightforward. I would have a hard time finding this scent offensive if worn at work. I'd find it more approachable than Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, which I really wanted to like, but couldn't.

All in all -- a very simple lemon/cedar fragrance. Not long lasting. But enjoyable. Bargains can be had on the internet in finding it, but as it appears with all Creeds, counterfeiting is rampant and you have to be careful.

I'd probably be safe to say (after smelling an assortment of Creeds), that this is the only one I've bought and probably will buy again.

Rather than create a new thread, I will just link it to a BdC thread I made a couple of weeks ago and further commentary can be directed there!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
saxifrage
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from saxifrage

Top Bottom