Items by JimmyHAD

I have over 100 straight razors and in threads posted asking "if you could only have one" I have always answered that it would be like asking a mother which of her 10 kids she loved the most. That was until I got with Robert Williams and asked him to build a custom razor for me. I had gotten a Case Brothers Springville swayback and an Engstrom. I found that I liked shaving with that unusual blade shape and I wanted my custom from Robert to be a one of a kind. As far as the ratings, the...
JimmyHAD
0.39 star(s) 36 ratings
Views
Reviews
This review is a bit overdue and the razor used for it could IMHO be called the prototype for Merkur's new 39C barber pole slant bar razor. The explanation for that can be found here . I say the review is overdue because although the 39C has only been available for sale here in the USA for a couple of days I have been shaving with this prototype since I received it in July of '07. I didn't review it in the interim since it wasn't clear that it would be a production item and I didn't...
In another thread I related how the Slant/38C came to be thanks to the excellent customer service of Dovo/Merkur. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=277867&postcount=1 My friend and fellow Slant aficionado Der Fritzer dubbed it the Schräger Vorschlaghammer» ("Slant Sledgehammer"). A fitting title for one of the finest razors I have ever shaved with. The Slant Hammer is a Merkur Slant head on a Merkur 38C handle. My first shave with the Slant / 38C hammer was a single...
Top Bottom