What's new

ASCO Super Stainless

Item Description

Received some of these in a large sampler pack. A smooth, quality product with outstanding longevity. Today had my 12th shave with the same blade. I have never had a double edge blade go that long without even a hint of degradation. Made in Egypt for LORD.

Latest reviews

Pros: Price, sharpness, smoothness
Cons: Longevity
There are something like 15 different sorts of blades manufactured by Lord of Egypt. It is difficult to believe they actually make that many unique products, and easier to believe that they market the same products under different labels and boxes.

At any rate, most of these blades work fine for me, the only exception being the Shark Super Chromes.

This ASCO blade merely has "ASCO" and "Super Stainless" printed upon it, and it came in a single, orange, waxed wrapper. No glue.

This blade was a very pleasant surprise. It managed to hit that "sweet spot" between sharpness and smoothness. It took a bit more work to get a BBS than one could with a Med Prep, but it certainly came through.

It delivered three very very nice shaves, and laboured a bit to finish up a fourth.

Certainly worth a try when they are on sale.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Reactions: Trollky
Pros: Smooth, durable.
I'm astounded by the quality for money gotten in this blade. These hold a spot in my top 5, beaten by very few. They shave smooth and last as long as significantly more expensive blades, getting 3-4 shaves per side myself. I would definitely recommend these blades to anybody!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Reactions: Trollky
Pros: Inexpensive, great shaving blades
Cons: Don't seem to last very long
Overall, I'd say these are great blades. I bought the "red and blue" ones in quantity, which come in a mostly blue box with red trim and white lettering, and a few of the Orange packaged ones for comparison.

I think that the blades themselves are the same, however the orange boxed blades are only single wrapped. They might be identical to the other "Super Stainless" blades sold under the other Lord brands.

At $9 for a carton of 100, they're priced quite well. I was able to find blades for less, but these are fairly economical.

I give them high marks for quality. I consider quality to be a measurement of both the overall merits of a product, and the ability of the producer to keep this consistent so that no "dud" blades are in the mix. So far they're all great shaving blades, and I haven't hit any duds.

These blades are, I would say, fairly sharp. They cut through the hairs with little effort, but aren't as sharp as a feather. This might be a good thing, as feathers seem to slice me up.

Longevity might be the one failing point of these blades. I get one great shave out of every one I try. I get a second quite good shave when I try for two shaves. I tried one blade for three shaves and it seemed as if it had definitely lost it's edge. However, I still give them a rating of "3" as I have tried other brands that last only one shave.

So far, all of my shaves, with the exception of the time I tried to push the blade for three, have been perfectly smooth and free of irritation.

I give packaging an 8. The "red and blue" blades come double wrapped in paper, in card boxes. The lack of space to put spent blades, as is provided in a plastic or metal dispenser, doesn't bother me. Having said that, the orange boxed blades are only single wrapped, and I wonder if this might not offer the same protection to the blades as a double wrapping.

All in all, I would have to recommend these as a great economical blade, particularly for those who like to use a blade once or twice and toss it rather than trying to eek every shave out of the blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)