What's new

Art of Shaving Lavender

Item Description

I have to admit I avoided AOS creams for the longest time. They don't seem to get as much press as the three T's, and when it is discussed, it is generally a gripe against their price. I got a tub of this from another member, and I was utterly blown away at how good the shave was, and how nice and pure the scent was.

Here it is from one of my shaves this week:
IMG_2004_1_1.JPG

Price
Yeah, it is on the pricey side ($22), but you get a lot of it.

Quality
This stuff just exudes quality. The tub is rock-solid, and the scent and shave are world-class

Scent
My first lavender cream early on was Taylors, which to me smells nothing like real lavender (they have since re-formulated it, so I can't comment on that). Since I am an avid gardener, and I grow lots of lavender, I was craving the real thing. This product is scented with real lavender EO, and has an intense, almost minty scent. Really top-notch.

Latherability
This is one of the top five lathering creams, IMO. It literally explodes from the brush into an intense, creamy, unctuous mass. I find myself spending extra time working the brush around my face to enjoy the scent and the feel of it.

Efficacy
What can I say? This stuff shaves like a dream. Super lubricating, thick lather provides plenty of glide for the razor.

Moisturizing
I find this stuff quite moisturizing relative to other creams. I don't feel any dryness after using it.

Packaging
I think the AOS tubs are among the best out there. The feel of the screw top blows away the cheesy PVC of Trumpers et al.

I think this is great stuff. I didn't care as much for their sandalwood (great shave, but the scent was too dry for me). I have yet to try the Lemon, but that is on my to-do list.

Latest reviews

Simply an amazing product. I thought nothing could touch the top two spots in my rotation (AoS Sandalwood, TOBS Avocado), but this is making a strong case (especially in the warmer months when the Sandalwood is too heavy and the Avocado's amazing moisturizing capabilities are less needed).

Price:
I know, I know. $22 is a lot to shell out. The pricing is on par with the three T's, though, and it does go on sale (I got it for 20% off). Overall, I find it to be a good value.

Quality:
Just a top notch product, nothing else can be said.

Scent:
An amazing scent, with EOs making for a strong and noticeable scent while shaving. The scent does last after shaving, but does not linger all day (~2 hours by my experience).

Latherability:
For me, not quite on par with TOBS, but very very close.

Efficacy:
Does its job and then some.

Moisturizing Properties:
Does not dry out, and leaves skin moisturized. Not on par with the insanely-moisturizing TOBS Avocado, which is my benchmark.

Packaging:
Thick plastic, won't crack unless dropped on a hard floor.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I liked this cream quite a bit. It only takes a small amount to make plenty of lather for easily 3-4 passes. It's very creamy and takes a bit more water than the usual cream. The scent was pretty strong and was a nice dry lavender aroma with nothing fake about it. I get close, comfortable shaves with this and the lemon variety. I feel that the price isn't bad considering the cost of comparable English products.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I asked SWMBO to try and grab a sample and she grabbed the whole jar! I'm really impressed by this cream. Great scent, great lather, and great shave.

PRICE22 USD for 5 oz. Kinda of pricey but a dab will do. Also the quality and the good essential oil makes it worth it.
QUALITY Very high quality product. Rich dense cream and essential oils.
SCENT Great clean lavender scent. Not at all sweet, just pure floral. I just wish it was a little stronger.
LATHERABILITY Excellent. Quickly makes a thick, rich, and slick lather.
EFFICACY This is where the product really shines. Provides an excellent shave.
MOISTURIZING Not drying at all. There are many much more moisturizing products on the market though.
PACKAGING Classy nicely printed box and a nice plastic tub. Rigid and solid.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)