What's new

toilet paper - apparently there is a right & wrong way and I've been doing it wrong

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The fate of all who post in this thread ...

proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Maybe they should have a toilet paper museum. Would you like that? So we could see all the toilet paper advancements down through the ages. Toilet paper during the Crusades, the development of the perforation, the first six-pack."

Well there's a moist towelette museum...

MOIST TOWELETTE MUSEUM, EAST LANSING, MICHIGAN
This free attraction next to the Abrams Planetarium at Michigan State University contains one of the odder collections open to the public. On two big bookcases in the office of curator John French are more than a thousand mostly unused, wet wipes from around the world, as well as a "celebrity wing".

proxy.php

Why moist towelettes? "I think everybody just has an urge to collect something," French says. The collection's oldest item is a box of Wash Up! towelettes from 1963.

Details: moisttowelettemuseum.com.

Other museums

The Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas.
proxy.php

The Sulabh international toilet museum in Delhi
Sulabh International Museum of Toilets

There are two in Japan -
Japan has a thing for toilets, and now a dedicated museum

BLISS Toilet MUSEUM「WC.75+α」

I’m just going to slowly back out of this thread.
I did when it first started. Came in thinking it was an over under debate.......Like there's any debate..........OVER all the way. Then realized what it was. Backed away but came back when I saw it is up to 5 pages !!!! REALLY, you guys scare me. :001_tt2:

I did when it first started. Came in thinking it was an over under debate.......Like there's any debate..........OVER all the way. Then realized what it was. Backed away but came back when I saw it is up to 5 pages !!!! REALLY, you guys scare me. :001_tt2:

Really!?! You drug me back in here? I’m not looking! :a30:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Take toilet paper for example. Do you realize that toilet paper has not changed in my lifetime? It's just paper on a cardboard roll, that's it. And in ten thousand years, it will still be exactly the same because really, what else can they do?

Siena

That's true. There really has been no development in toilet paper.

George

And everything else has changed. But toilet paper is exactly the same, and will be so until we're dead.

Siena

Yeah, you're right George. What else can they do?

George

It's just paper on a roll, that's it. And that's all it will ever be.

Take toilet paper for example. Do you realize that toilet paper has not changed in my lifetime? It's just paper on a cardboard roll, that's it. And in ten thousand years, it will still be exactly the same because really, what else can they do?

Siena

That's true. There really has been no development in toilet paper.

George

And everything else has changed. But toilet paper is exactly the same, and will be so until we're dead.

Siena

Yeah, you're right George. What else can they do?

George

Actually it has improved a lot since these days.....
Sears.png

shopping.jpg

I think they're missing an opportunity with the roll.

They either need to get rid of it and market it as a more environmentally sound product because less cardboard. Or, they should be using the roll as a way to advertise or run contests (e.g. have a QR code to scan & win)

Toilet paper may not change very much, but something like those Japanese washlets are probably the future of toilet hygiene. Wash then dry without the use of paper.

....And if you listen to uncouth comments from other parts of the internet about the future of healthcare or simply the worse type of big brother intrusion one can imagine a "connected" toilet seat which monitors your "output" for the purposes of screening for potential health conditions and giving personalized feedback about your diet.

Top Bottom