What's new

Post your local/flea market stone scores. (There's none left. Tim found them all.)

timwcic

"Look what I found"
The markets have turned summer slow but I still managed to find this rabbit in a hat.
5 x 2 1/2 wavy natural with a glued backer.

IMG_0665.JPG
IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
That's really neat. I'd be tempted to remove it from the bbw and see what the back side looks like.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
That's really neat. I'd be tempted to remove it from the bbw and see what the back side looks like.

I do not think I will try but if I wanted to, how is the safest way to remove the backer?
It looks fragile and I don't want to turn it into slurry stones.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Hunting in Fl has been slow of late so time for a road trip. A working vacation in New England led to a flea market find this past weekend. 6 x 1 1/4 of Coti goodness. Not my biggest or baddest, but still a good find.

IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Hey! Don't come up here and start taking all our stones back down south. : )
Just kidding; Nice find!

I tried to deplete NE of hones with modest success. I my have left a stone or two behind. I came home with a vintage King 1000, 2 x 4 hard Ark trans, a razor hone-strop with NH address and my favorite, a 2 x 6 hard Ark black. All appear unused with stickers still on the King. Love shopping the fields.

IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG

Congratulations on such nice finds. I've not been able to find many Arks in the wild; you did some good hunting there! Although I did find a 1x2 trans at a yard sale near the campground in Wilson's Mills, ME last week.
I need to get to some local flea markets soon. Not that I need any more hones, but it's fun to find a good hone.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Congratulations on such nice finds. I've not been able to find many Arks in the wild; you did some good hunting there! Although I did find a 1x2 trans at a yard sale near the campground in Wilson's Mills, ME last week.
I need to get to some local flea markets soon. Not that I need any more hones, but it's fun to find a good hone.

Thank you, the hunt is always fun. And what up with your weather, 62 degrees for a high one day. Every body was loving the day and I was looking for a parka. Overall a fun trip.

David

Thank you, the hunt is always fun. And what up with your weather, 62 degrees for a high one day. Every body was loving the day and I was looking for a parka. Overall a fun trip.
What I'd give for a 62 degree day here. It's miserable now.

Tim that 6x2 black is a super score. I have one and absolutely love it.

A LOT of washitas I no longer have... 1st 3 on the left to center are a type of material you can find in my area in ancient boxes. It always has a pronounced band or waves and is sorta 10kish. Caramel stone is a Massachusetts feldspar from around boston. These were sold as alternatives to turkish oilstones. Personally, I don't see it as these are soft and prone to chemical weathering but it is very cool. Last is a really hard, stamped choice belgian hones coticule.
20170718_231919.jpg
20170718_232008.jpg
20170718_232012.jpg
20170718_232203.jpg

timwcic

"Look what I found"
A LOT of washitas I no longer have... 1st 3 on the left to center are a type of material you can find in my area in ancient boxes. It always has a pronounced band or waves and is sorta 10kish. Caramel stone is a Massachusetts feldspar from around boston. These were sold as alternatives to turkish oilstones. Personally, I don't see it as these are soft and prone to chemical weathering but it is very cool. Last is a really hard, stamped choice belgian hones coticule. View attachment 805254 View attachment 805255 View attachment 805256 View attachment 805257
SCORE!!!! Too funny....lol.

Nice collection of wild rocks

David

How did the flea treat you, find those Eschers?
Those Eschers are quite sneaky. :001_cool:

We had a good time, but didn't buy any stones. I saw maybe 8-10, mostly carbo's and B-hones. I found a good deal on a few DE's for a friend, and the wifey bought some vintage Pyrex.

Top Bottom