What's new

Hey all

I have been lurking around here for a pretty long time. I finally decided to join in on the conversation. Alittle bit about me.

I am an army vet, and after my service ended, I struggled to find where I fit back into society. Eventually, I founf my way into a blacksmiths shop. I was intrigued by the craft. I struck up a friendship with the owner, and eventually I was helping him around the shop, and he was teaching me the old way of doing things. A few years later I have my own shop and I custom make knives for people all over the country. I do everything the old way, very few power tools involved.

Over time I decided to pay more attention to things I did around the house. For me shaving has always been a utility, I had to do it, lets get it done and over with. I have never been satisfied with the throw away razors. I dont care how many blades they have, or how much the cost... They were just not good. My other problem I had was that 99% of the junk sold at local stores make me smell like a fruity teenager. I stumbled onto the forum and have been plotting and planning ever since.

It has been an awesome ride so far. I currently use a Dovo Solingerm a nice badger brush, and recently, I stumbled across Stirling Soaps. I picked up the Gatlinburg Scent, and AS and I am in love.

Welcome to Badger & Blade. Your comments stirred memories of standing at the forge with my dad.
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Welcome to B&B. Glad you joined us. Follow the link below to get your Veteran badge; you have earned it. Thank you for your service! :thumbup1:

Welcome to the journey! How many straight shaves do you have under your belt?

Ah just a few. The first time was an absolute failure lol. But my technique is getting better. I have an old Gillette my grand dad gave me a long time ago, if I can dig it out, ill show it to you all.

Well I wanted to brag a bit lol... First shave with zero nicks and no irritation at all. Im finally getting the hang of my straight razor!!!!

Top Bottom