What's new

Wait, it's a setup! PIF (interactive and international)

I wanted to give away a full shaving setup to someone who could use it. I thought of my daily shave and all the things I use from start to finish. The razor, the brush, the blade, the cream/soap, the alum, and sometimes the styptic stick. (I also usually use a big mug to lather in but I left that out.)
I hope this will find its way to a newer shaver or at least to someone who would consider this gear an updrade to his current equipment. If you or someone you know could benefit from this setup then please enter my PIF. There is a bit more than just saying "I'm in" to this one so please read all of this post for complete details. Here is what's up for grabs.

$pif 3-2.jpg$pif 3-3.jpg

All items are brand new and, with the exception of the blades which I already had, were purchased expressly for you. The brush was briefly removed from its box to photograph it, the razor pictured is actually my own identical EJ DE89 barley, yours remains unopened so you will be the very first to unbox it.

The brush: A Simpson Colonel X2L. I own, use and love this same model of brush, it's the best one I have and now you have the same.

The razor: An Edwin Jagger DE 89 BA11 Barley Chrome. As I mentioned above, mine posed for the photo, yours remains unopened in its box. A wonderful shaver and the best looking EJ I own. This one's for you.

The blades: 107 blades are pictured and I believe you'll find five more (Derbys?) in the razor's box. (The model number on the box is DE89BA11-BL)
5 Gillette Silver Blue - There is none higher.
5 Polsilver SI - Pretty much just as high, but not higher than, the Silver Blues.
10 Super Iridium - Out of production (the unicorn tears of DE blades).
7 Gillette 7 O'Clock (black) - Another top tier wonder.
10 Feather - Ninjas and Samurais both use these so...
5 Super-Max Super Platinum - For some reason I just want to use the word super to describe these blades.
5 Perma-Sharp Super - There's that word super again. No but seriously these are great too.
5 Astra Superior Platinum - Widely loved and totally cheap, score!
10 Rapira SS - Used one this morning. Completely adequate if not spetacular.
10 Timor - BTW these come without cellophane wrapping around the tuck. I guess they wanted nothing detracting from their ossum cover art.
5 Bic Chrome Platinum - Way sharper than my pen for sure! Yeah I know I used that line last time but what else am I supposed to say about a BIC.
5 Personna Platinum - I think I'm done with the individual blurbs now.
5 Shark Super Stainless
5 Racer Super Stainless
5 Super-Max Blue Diamond
10 Treet Classic
5 Derby? inside the razor's box
112 total I believe. I'm sure you'll find many if not all to your liking.

The cream: The recently elusive but ever awesome ACCA KAPPA 1869 tub (200ml). A truly scrumptious Italian cream whose scent closely resembles Cella. I find it lathers easily and provides a wonderful shave. I'm sure you'll love it too!

The soap: A stick of Arko. Hey everyone needs to try this. It's cheap but performs like a million bucks!

The alum: A RazoRock alum stick with handle. Why doesn't anyone else make them this way?

and a styptic crayon, just in case.

Now for the interactive part. Instead of just choosing a winner randomly I thought it would be a bit more fun to give you some control over the outcome. I thought of asking a question and the winner would be chosen from among those who answered correctly. Since answers to most questions are easily googled these days I had to come up with something that wasn't and here it is.

Here are my Monday to Friday watches. They are pictured from left to right in alphabetical order (colorwise). If you would like to enter this PIF please match each watch color with a day of the week (Mon - Fri).

$my G-Shocks 2.jpg

For example,
Mon - black
Tue - Blue
Wed- Green
Thu - Red
Fri - White

The winner of this shaving setup will be chosen randomly from among those who make the most correct matches, be that 5, 3, 2 or 1. Now, I used'tacould math many years ago but I just don't remember how to calculate how many possible combinations there are to this question. Anyway...

This PIF is open to anyone, anywhere (international) I can send mail to from Canada.
The winner will be chosen and announced sometime on Sunday October 14 so please enter (once per person please) by Saturday night just to be safe.

Thank you all for providing me with my ever increasing knowledge about shaving and for this gentlemanly oasis in the desert that is the internet.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Friday-black
Monday-blue
Thursday-green
Tuesday-red
Wednesday-white

loves me a good puzzle...I'm in!

I guess i should re order these

Monday-blue
Tuesday-red
wednesday-white
thursday-green
friday-black

edit-same answer ordered by day of the week

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Monday - black
Tuesday - Blue
Wednesday- Green
Thursday - Red
Friday - White

would you be so vain as to give us the correct order in the instructions to the PIF?? guess we shall find out mawahaha!

great PIF!

Mon - black
Tue - Blue
Wed- Green
Thu - Red
Fri - White

I'm I reading this right......didn't you give us the answer??

In any case I'm in as well.....totally awesome PIF.

Monday - black
Tuesday - Blue
Wednesday- Green
Thursday - Red
Friday - White

would you be so vain as to give us the correct order in the instructions to the PIF?? guess we shall find out mawahaha!

great PIF!

Mon - black
Tue - Blue
Wed- Green
Thu - Red
Fri - White

I'm I reading this right......didn't you give us the answer??

In any case I'm in as well.....totally awesome PIF.

I noticed that as well, but he did state that they are in alphabetical order by color...not necessarily in the order he wears them. This is a tricky one....

ff]I'm in

Monday = [f]Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Tuesday = []Red[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[f] Wednesday = ]White[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[f] Thursday = [Green[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[0ff] Friday = ]Black[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I noticed that as well, but he did state that they are in alphabetical order by color...not necessarily in the order he wears them. This is a tricky one....
ya know i read that but it didnt sink in till now....can i change my answer? or flavc3 and I will have to split our winnings

WOW, what a great PIF full of top notch products, one of the best PIF's I've ever seen actually...from brush to razor to blades, to cream....very nicely done. :thumbup:

Well done Velocityboy, you put together an amazing here package for someone and all "new".

ya know i read that but it didnt sink in till now....can i change my answer? or flavc3 and I will have to split our winnings

Any possible similarities between the alphabetical order of the watches in the photo and the order in which I wear them is purely coincidental. Also just a reminder, there will be only one winner. He will be will be chosen randomly from among those who get the most matches. Good luck!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Any possible similarities between the alphabetical order of the watches in the photo and the order in which I wear them is purely coincidental. Also just a reminder, there will be only one winner. He will be will be chosen randomly from among those who get the most matches. Good luck!
this gives me hope

This PIF is incredible! Wow, very generous!

Mon- Blue
Tues- Red
Wed- White
Thurs- Green
Fri- Black

Good luck to everyone and again, just an amazing PIF.

Top Bottom