What's new

What's Your Running Shoe?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+100

those are the best I have used.

For the folks who have these - are they versatile in the sense that I can walk ashphalt to concrete to grass to gravel? And same down to -10 Farenheit? I am a walker, 7 miles or so a day, over mixed surfaces. Presently using Asics Gel Walkers, which I get 400+ miles out of. When the snow gets higher I use a pair of New Balance Trail Shoes with goretex socks ..

(and if I didn't belong to this forum I wouldn't ever have even seen these strange "notashoes")

I run exclusively in vff's, probably 3 times per week. I just started running again a few months ago after a couple years off and decided to just go right into the minimal running shoe so that I could build up my strength from the get-go.

Probably took a couple weeks to get really comfortable in them, but now I wouldn't run in anything else. I'm slowly increasing my mileage (up to about 5 miles per day) and working towards a half-marathon this summer.

For the folks who have these - are they versatile in the sense that I can walk ashphalt to concrete to grass to gravel? And same down to -10 Farenheit?

They allow absolute feel on everything you walk on. On asphalt you may feel the rocks, the same with gravel. Here there are bumps where the sidewalk and road meets. Yes I can feel them and it's awesome. As for the snow. I'm in Florida. But there is a model called the flow which is targeted more for the cold climate. As for mileage I'm sure it's there. Mine requires frequent sewing but it's only two places on my right foot which I guess is a result of my own stupidity. I did get my toes stuck in a treadmill.. That might be why.

I can't wait to run in them again, did a couch 2 5k program today shod (with shoes) I hate my Nike with a passion... Its a conversation piece. In a social setting they are awesome, everyone will talk to me about my shoes! A cure for my 'shyness'.c

Asic Cumulus 11 and VFF, but I haven`t run in them yet.

I just got the classics. Check these out;
proxy.php

http://birthdayshoes.com/vibram-five-fingers-speed-first-look-initial-review-and-photos

I'm so fascinated by all the people using 5 Fingers shoes, what's the longest any of you run "barefoot"?

on pavement I have made it 6 miles but was a little tender on the heels, however on dirt or a track ive gone 10 could have done more my feet felt fine it was the rest of my body that was dead haha

I picked up a pair of Brooks Glycerine 8 yesterday. Other than on the treadmill at the store, I've yet to run in them. With the variety of soaps I've picked up since January, I thought it was the perfectly named shoe.

Currently I'm running in Asics Gel-Kayano 16's.

proxy.php

I've found that absolutely nothing Nike makes will work for me. Doesn't matter I always have sore arches in anything Nike makes.

Of all the shoes I've tried over the years (generally speaking) Asics have served me the best, but none of them have come close to the Gel-Kayano 16.

This is by far the most comfortable running shoe I've ever owned. I bought two pair and rotate them daily.

I like the VFF's for Crossfit or other in gym workouts but I can't run in them due to my flat feet.

+1 On the kayano 16; I usually run in Mizuno Wave Creations, but in January I ran for a while in Kayano 15s and loved them. Nevertheless, I bought another pair of creations and ran in them for a couple of months. Last week I bought some Kayano 16s and they are great. By the way, I love that they build wides from the bottom up on a different sole/last. My size is 10.5 4E.:thumbup:

I also run in the VFF's. You have to be careful starting out though as it is a different running style than you are used to. I messed up and the first 3 days I had them, I ran 3-4 miles each day. Then my foot suffered some tendinitis that took a long time to heal. Back in them now, but started out with a half mile and worked my way back up. Going fine now with them and absolutely love them.

Just got a pair of Asics Gel Kayano 16's in May for my birthday. I used the 15's prior, and liked them a bit more. I do about 6 miles a day, 3-4 times a week and have a bit of soreness with the 16's. I'd like to try the VFF's.

Aaron

+1 On the kayano 16; I usually run in Mizuno Wave Creations, but in January I ran for a while in Kayano 15s and loved them. Nevertheless, I bought another pair of creations and ran in them for a couple of months. Last week I bought some Kayano 16s and they are great. By the way, I love that they build wides from the bottom up on a different sole/last. My size is 10.5 4E.:thumbup:

They really are a great shoe. I have flat feet but not severe enough to necessitate a motion control shoe and I don't have nearly enough arch for a cushioned shoe. I have to go with stability and that is typically hit/miss. This really is a great shoe.

Just got a pair of Asics Gel Kayano 16's in May for my birthday. I used the 15's prior, and liked them a bit more. I do about 6 miles a day, 3-4 times a week and have a bit of soreness with the 16's. I'd like to try the VFF's.

Aaron

Do you typically wear a stability shoe? If so the VFF just may not work. Almost everyone I've known that have flat feet (even mild) or require a stability or motion control shoe simply cannot run in the VFF's.

Last couple pairs I had were Nike Free or LunarTrainers. I have enjoyed the LunarTrainers. I believe they were replaced by some other in the Lunar series. I am not a serious runner or anything though. I know these have been comfortable for me and I have had less shin splints and knee pain. I try to get fitted properly for shoes when possible.

Top Bottom