What's new

Favorite St James London scent?

I've just discovered this shaving cream.

(I'm a shaving cream over soap guy for ease of use since I need to shave daily.)

St. James of London works really well for me in the first few tries. Lathers quick and easy, very slick. Maybe a bit on the pricey side but not way over the top.

I'm trying out the cedar wood scent. Haven't tried others. It's subtle but pretty nice. Curious what others think of this cream and what favorite scents you guys have.

proxy.php

Great performance! Tops in my book. I think they are at least as good as Castle Forbes in performance. All scents are subdued, which I do not like. They all smell good, even the unscented one to me.

Great performance! Tops in my book. I think they are at least as good as Castle Forbes in performance. All scents are subdued, which I do not like. They all smell good, even the unscented one to me.

Thanks. Do you have a favorite scent I should try?

Thanks. Do you have a favorite scent I should try?
You should try the sample kit that they sell. That's what I did. It was an easy way to try all the scents. I honestly can't remember which was my favorite. They are all good though. That much I remember.

Sandalwood & Bergamot is the one I have, and of the ones I sniffed at Maggard razors, it was my favorite. I recently found a good deal on ebay for another jar, with free shipping. About half price of what I paid before!

Something of an old thread but I just found it on a search. I just picked up my first SJoL scent: Mandarin & Patchouli. It lathers well and the scent is incredible.

The black pepper and lime is also fantastic. Also the lavender and geranium, more subdued in scent than all the others I suspect but performance is still top notch.

This should have been a poll, so we could easily see which was winning. :)

This is my order of preference

Mandarin & Patchouli
Black Pepper & Lime
Lavender & Geranium
Cedarwood & Clarysage
Sandalwood & Bergamot

I haven't tried Tonka & Tobacco Flower.

The scents are slightly different between the shaving cream, aftershave, and cologne. For instance I find the Pepper@Lime cream almost unscented, slight earthiness. The cologne goes on like vinegar but settles into a very natural and long-lasting cedar. The aftershave is the nicest, pronounced lime with very light natural masculine perfume background. I don’t detect pepper anywhere, except a very slight edgy spiciness.

All the SJOL fragrances are soft, mild and natural. The colognes last many hours, go on soft and remain that way.

All the SJOL fragrances are soft, mild and natural.
I would never consider SJOL scents mild. They light up the whole bathroom with the scent persisting all day, scent up my shaving brush (takes several days of unscented soap usage for it to fade away), and the scent lingers on my face for several hours. This is for the shaving creams that I tried from the sample pack. The scents are all great, though.

Sandelwood and bergamot is my favourite followed by mandarin and patchouli both are beautifully balanced in scent in performance

Top Bottom