What's new

Cal's "I don't do journals" Journal

Hi Cal this is a question about something I saw earlier in the journal. I apologize if you talked about it but I did not see the answer. I want to know about the olive wood handle that you used with the Tech head. How did you get it or did you make it? It is really beautiful and I have that $2 tech and thought that was a great pairing from all you said. Thanks for the information. Great shaving to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Cal this is a question about something I saw earlier in the journal. I apologize if you talked about it but I did not see the answer. I want to know about the olive wood handle that you used with the Tech head. How did you get it or did you make it? It is really beautiful and I have that $2 tech and thought that was a great pairing from all you said. Thanks for the information. Great shaving to you.
Hi Chad,
I designed it and Shavemac made it for me. Unfortunately, due to ongoing staff shortages/illnesses, Shavemac are no longer doing special requests.

If you like light handles (the olive wood is 13g) you might want to use one from a Phoenix razor.

Here's the baby on an El Fantasma (6g) handle (which works very nicely):
2020-Gillette-Tech-on-El-Fantasma-handle_2021-06-11.jpg

It will also work well with the other Phoenix plastic slant razor handles:
  • Red — Crimson Ghost
  • Blue — Phantom Blue
  • Green — La Criatura

Hi Chad,
I designed it and Shavemac made it for me. Unfortunately, due to ongoing staff shortages/illnesses, Shavemac are no longer doing special requests.

If you like light handles (the olive wood is 13g) you might want to use one from a Phoenix razor.

View attachment 1279878

• Red — Crimson Ghost
  • Blue — Phantom Blue
  • Green — La Criatura

Thanks Cal for the information. I will definitely look at those handles. I do like a lighter handle. Good shaves to you. -Chad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cal

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hi Chad,

View attachment 1279878

• Red — Crimson Ghost
  • Blue — Phantom Blue
  • Green — La Criatura

Over the years there have been a number of very light handles available. Now, unless you're willing to buy the razor or spend a lot of money, there are very few. Even spending money some which used to be available aren't now. Fortunately Cal had the foresight to accumulate light handles which the rest of us missed buying when we had the opportunity.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Over the years there have been a number of very light handles available. Now, unless you're willing to buy the razor or spend a lot of money, there are very few. Even spending money some which used to be available aren't now. Fortunately Cal had the foresight to accumulate light handles which the rest of us missed buying when we had the opportunity.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Don't forget to check your mail when you get back from the beach, Jim. :cornut:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Gives me a reason to go home, my friend, that it does!

If a Dr. Doug ultra-light razor handle of wicked awesomeness is more preferable than traipsing across the beach with hand-squeezed lemonade, I fear a professor/machinist/Renaissance man is being dragged from retirement.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If a Dr. Doug ultra-light razor handle of wicked awesomeness is more preferable than traipsing across the beach with hand-squeezed lemonade, I fear a professor/machinist/Renaissance man is being dragged from retirement.

Well, there is work for me, Cal, after this paradise.

Retirement isn't very likely from where I sit, but I do enjoy my work, and I do enjoy my vacations.

Happy shaves to, for that matter.

Jim

SOTD
SOTD-L-B_2021-06-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Croap: LEA Mentholated
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (8)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

A fine shave. :biggrin:

All is well in ZenShaveLand.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD
SOTD-L-K_2021-06-12.jpg

Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Blade: Personna Red (9)
ASL: Reuzel

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
The scents of the soap (orangy) and ASL (apple and lardy) go really well together (for me). :letterk1:

SOTD
SOTD-L-W_2021-06-15.jpg

Croap: La Toja Classic
Blade: Personna Red (10)
ASL: Clubman Whiskey Woods

A lovely shave. :biggrin:

My nose has figured it out at last! My La Toja croap smells like Port Bannatyne (on the seafront), and the Whiskey Woods follow up was a good match. Great stuff!

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD
View attachment 1282198 :001_wub:

Blade: Personna Red (10)
ASL: Clubman Whiskey Woods

A lovely shave. :biggrin:

My nose has figured it out at last! My La Toja croap smells like Port Bannatyne (on the seafront), and the Whiskey Woods follow up was a good match. Great stuff!

Sounds like a great scent, Cal.

I love the marsh smell and the ocean scents.

Reactions: Cal
SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-06-17.jpg

Blade: Personna Red (1)
ASL: Orange FREEZE (home brew)

Another fine shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer: