What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

My incredible wife gave this to me as a gift 😍

9AF5D907-0436-4E17-A144-BA7BF1828239.jpeg

51D5B2D6-5A48-4FB2-A93E-97A74ACCD6BA.jpeg

Grizzly Bay “Empress - EVO Deluxe” with 26mm High Mountain White (Bulb)

I tried out my first ever shave brush today, I think an Omega 10066? A boar. I realized I loved the handle ergonomics: It just fits my hands wonderfully. So I started Googling around (bad idea) for the synthetic version. I found the Omega S10065 synthetic version on Connaught Shaving: Shipped to my door for $11.50 Canadian. So, why not? It's now making it's way across the pond. We'll see what I think of the S-brush bristles. if not, I'm only out $11.

1616997027911.png

went away to astoriato celebrate my partner and I's birthdays. she surprised me with a new brush. she musta been taking notes went I was talking about how pink handle brushes are rare, or that I find my 24mm silver tip to large and floppy, and that I like barber style handles. the shape of the handle had me kinda tilt my head, it does look funky, but upon the first shave it sits nice in my hand. the 20mm knot bloomed out to whats pictured and felt much better then my 24. looking forward to trying it out with my shaving bowl when we get back, poor 400 got all packed out for nothing.
DSCF9521.JPG
DSCF9524.JPG

Joined the Paladin shave brush club!

Pirate in satin lapis lazuli. I thought it was indigo with gray swirls but to my surprise those gray swirls are gold! Being active duty Navy, this is basically the way an actual pirate's brush should look! Gave her a test drive this morning and would say it was spectacular even without being broken in. The handle is really larger than I had anticipated but completely comfortable/ergonomic! The knot bloomed pretty much just how it looked on the card.

paladin_1.jpg
paladin_2.jpg

Top Bottom