What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Another brush received - Yaqi Highmountain Silvertip badger, 24 mm. This brush does not have the backbone that my more expensive badgers have. I suspect the term "Highmountain Silvertip" is just a marketing phrase that the Chinese manufacturer uses. But the brush lathers well and has a nice soft feel. It will be a user.

PXL_20210313_154446922.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Another brush received - Yaqi Highmountain Silvertip badger, 24 mm. This brush does not have the backbone that my more expensive badgers have. I suspect the term "Highmountain Silvertip" is just a marketing phrase that the Chinese manufacturer uses. But the brush lathers well and has a nice soft feel. It will be a user.

View attachment 1236126
My understanding has been that silvertips by nature have less backbone, but have a softer face feel than some lesser grades.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you

View attachment 1236126
I have one on the way.

Both of these arrived today
Rudy Vey Custom Samurai in Jade with a 26mm 2 Band Shavemac knot
Spiffo Manchurian 26mm
View attachment 1236343View attachment 1236344View attachment 1236345View attachment 1236346
Both look great!

You are going to have a very stressful few days trying to decide which one of your many new brushes to use each day. 😁

Let us know your thoughts on both.

I love my Spiffo brushes and will have my 4th by the end of next week.

Rudy will have to wait until the border opens up and I can get to my PO Box as I want a Badger and he doesn’t ship them out of the US.

Last edited:
Both look great!

You are going to have a very stressful few days trying to decide which one of your many new brushes to use each day. 😁

Let us know your thoughts on both.

I love my Spiffo brushes and will have my 4th by the end of next week.

Rudy will have to wait until the border opens up and I can get to my PO Box as I want a Badger and he doesn’t ship them out of the US.
I know used the Rudy Vey today, what a great handle and a great knot

Here's my new Shavemac (30 mm Silvertip 2-Band). It was an exercise in patience as I had to order an extra-wide stand for it from Maggard to accommodate the large handle size after the brush arrived. I didn't want to use the brush until I had the proper setup. It was worth the wait, though.

ShavemacProfile.jpgshavemacTop.jpg

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Here's my new Shavemac (30 mm Silvertip 2-Band). It was an exercise in patience as I had to order an extra-wide stand for it from Maggard to accommodate the large handle size after the brush arrived. I didn't want to use the brush until I had the proper setup. It was worth the wait, though.

View attachment 1236481View attachment 1236480

BrushStand.Thater.SS.New.9-30-20.480.JPG

If I'd known how much I was going to like this stainless steel brush stand I would have acquired it earlier.

Yesterday's brush spends a day enjoying it.​
Chubby2-Best.inThaterBrushStand.480.9-30-20.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

linty1

My wallet cries.
Those Yaqi two colour handles look really nice, and the prices I've been seeing on them are nice too, do they sell just handles? Or has anybody tried taking the knot out and putting their own in?

Top Bottom