Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOTD (047/2021)
16-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

20210216_132038-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Omega 11148 23/54
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Platinum Collection
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (16)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Taylor of Old Bond Street Platinum Collection Fragrance.

Shave #16.
I was running short of time this morning, that's why I had to skip my shave after the xtg pass. As to be expected the shave was not that close today. Dfs- on the face, sas on the neck (but no nicks/irritation). Mrs JAHE confirmed my face smells divine... so finally there's absolutely nothing to complain from my end.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
60C77B30-5BDD-440B-9D98-B256D5024CA6.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 16, 2021

This morning I removed the Softguard AC blade from my DX and replaced it with a Feather Super AC to remain consistent with the Feather Super in my Blackland Vector. Every now and then it’s fun to challenge one’s straight razor technique. The focus for my mug shave this morning was lightness of touch. Feather Super blades are a smidge wider and seem sharper than regular Feather and Schick Proline AC blades since they extend a bit farther out of the blade clasp on the DX.

The Feather DX shaves like a very sharp straight, thus the reason for my focus. Trusting in my forearm weights, I slowly began my regular three pass regime with the intent of avoiding the set down errors my use of a Feather Super in the DX has been prone to in the past. Feeling in a Lime mood, I retrieved the Castle Forbes from under the sink and had at it. Heeding the Traveling Wilbury’s “Handle with Care” playing in the background, I ended up with a smooth as a baby’s bum result.

I foolishly sold my Cobra Classic two years ago, and regret it to this day. The Oren that I replaced it with was bulky and clumsy to shave with. So I sold that and purchased a Blackland Vector, one of the best shaving acquisitions I've ever made. This extremely slim profiled head is the shaving equivalent of a fine Italian or English sportscar. Two slow, careful ATG dome passes opened the door to that wonderful velveteen smoothness I just can’t seem to stop touching periodically during the course of the day! I feel refreshed, clean, and porcelain smooth!

RAZOR: Feather DX (Mug), Blackland Vector AC Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug & Dome)
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tuesday, Feb 16th 2021

Razor: TNNSER 3D printed designed by @twhite - MFG 2019> great light mid range, nice handle to grip and manipulate on a persons face. Different way to load a Gem blade but it works well. Tom White 3D Printed razor TNNSER.jpg
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity & smooths out nicely over use & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi timber wolf whiskers 24mm - great lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good back bone + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my TNNSER 3D printed razor with a coated Gem blade.

SOTD, Tue, Feb 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210215_155617.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

16 February, 2021

Brush:
PAA Atomic Rocket synth
Lather: Stirling Lime Coconut
Razor: Feather AS/D2
Blade: Nacet
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer*
Frag: Caron L'Anarchiste
*Read somewhere that CeraVe is the new hot brand,
and that there are shortages at many retailers.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom