What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: Della Bella
Brush: Turn N Shave 26mm 2 band
Soap: APR - Torchwood
AS Balm: B&M Leviathan
Rating: 10/10

597A374B-344B-43B1-B980-0AB8F973E8B7.jpeg

Razor: Merkur 1904 OC
Blade: Schick
Brush: RazoRock 24 Barrel Tuxedo Plissoft
Bowl: Potter's House (Local)

Soap: Captain's Choice Venture

Dr. JON'S 1803 aftershave splash

Three passes to a near BBS. Very smooth.

I'm still fooling around in my head about grading the shave. I'm thinking of going to a
Whole and. 5 only to simplify it.

Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum shave soap
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Brush: Barrister and Mann Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: Karve Brass OC (Plate B)
Blade: Astra SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic

Beautiful shave with the Karve OC loaded up with an Astra SS. No blood or injuries to report. Abysso exploded out of the lathering bowl. Small spot on the lower right sided of my neck that has some minor remaining stubble I missed...driver error...but not bad...took half a point off.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210126.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: APShaveco 24 mm. Synbad
Razor: Timeless .95 OC
Blade: Polsilver super iridium (2)
Afters: Alum block, Tabac splash, Tabac balm

3 passes (W,X,A) and very minor touchup. BBS.

10 / 10

First shave with a Timeless. Wow! I actually had to check to make sure I had a blade loaded. Definitely the best combination of smoothness and efficiency I've experienced. It was an effortless shave, and absolutely no feedback from the alum block. Half an hour later, my skin feels great. I'd say there will be no problem with this as a daily driver. Already looking forward to tomorrow :)

An excellent shave today on a 48-hour beard

Gillette Slim from 1962/Personna Lab Blue blade (2)

Palmolive Classic cream, w/ a little La Toja as a pre-shave

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Good shower; applied a little La Toja as I ran my sink water and added baking soda for slipperiness. Applied some Palmolive to my face as well, then got some on the damp brush and face-lathered. Three minutes' wait, then three passes: 1, WTG, setting 6 (very efficient and smooth); 2, down to 5, ATG; 3, down to 4, XTG and cleanup. Darn near BBS without irritation or anything other than a clean face.

Verdict: 9.8.

Newb here. My new razor arrived after a 'touchy' start with the Merkur Futur. Its a great razor, only it needs to be handled with care when I'm shaving my head.

Here are the new bits I used today:
20212601 - shave.jpg

I shaved my head and neck (still failing at growing a beard), starting with my head.

The routine was:
Kiehls wash, scrub and rinse
Hot Flannel
Proraso Pre
BlueBeards Revenge Shaving Cream (this is sooo slick)
The Rockwell 6S with plate No. 3 and the Astra Platinums on blade duty.

I've tried all ways to shave my head (in my full 2 months of trying) and for me the way that works best is against the growth in a short upwards rocking motion.

Boy, this was a smooth feeling shave compared to my previous shaves. Whether it was Razor, the blade or the shaving cream, i cant say, but compared to the Futur i felt i could be a bit more reckless.. throw a bit more caution to the wind. It took a few more swipes, but the result was the same. Smooth! This shave was more fun and not so much of a challenge.

My neck I was lazy and kept the same No 3 plate. It proved a little mild? I maybe need to change that up to 5 or 6 (or even 'Back to the Futur' lol). I hacked a little too much. Just a little irritation and a few nicks.
I
My post shave was BB Alum, Extro Cosmesi Camelot (not pictured) and a moisturise (Kiehl's).

So to rate the 2 shaves out of 10
Head 9.5
Neck 6.5

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 26th 2021

Razor: Gem G bar- MFG1953-58,<mid range, Great razor and a nice razor in the hand with its finger flange at the end for comfort.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely with great longevity & predictable.
Soap: Tabac- nice mild clean flowery scent, with excellent lather qualities & good post shave feel IMO.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble- :001_wub: , loft 54mm, great lather creator, soft cloud like tips, some back bone & excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR Creed Adventis version) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.(-20C today)
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation+ no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Gem G bar + a coated SS Gem blade.

SOTD, Tue, Jan 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Newb here. My new razor arrived after a 'touchy' start with the Merkur Futur. Its a great razor, only it needs to be handled with care when I'm shaving my head.

Here are the new bits I used today:
View attachment 1213734

I shaved my head and neck (still failing at growing a beard), starting with my head.

The routine was:
Kiehls wash, scrub and rinse
Hot Flannel
Proraso Pre
BlueBeards Revenge Shaving Cream (this is sooo slick)
The Rockwell 6S with plate No. 3 and the Astra Platinums on blade duty.

I've tried all ways to shave my head (in my full 2 months of trying) and for me the way that works best is against the growth in a short upwards rocking motion.

Boy, this was a smooth feeling shave compared to my previous shaves. Whether it was Razor, the blade or the shaving cream, i cant say, but compared to the Futur i felt i could be a bit more reckless.. throw a bit more caution to the wind. It took a few more swipes, but the result was the same. Smooth! This shave was more fun and not so much of a challenge.

My neck I was lazy and kept the same No 3 plate. It proved a little mild? I maybe need to change that up to 5 or 6 (or even 'Back to the Futur' lol). I hacked a little too much. Just a little irritation and a few nicks.
I
My post shave was BB Alum, Extro Cosmesi Camelot (not pictured) and a moisturise (Kiehl's).

So to rate the 2 shaves out of 10
Head 9.5
Neck 6.5
Welcome!

Razor: Weber safety bar stainless polished head, with stainless Weber bulldog handle; "vintage" since Weber is out of production
Blade: US Personna "lab blue" in the blue wrapper, from 2014, I think (5)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic, medium size
Soap: Stirling Coniferous
Rating: 9.8

This morning's very rushed shave on almost 3 days of growth. BBS everywhere except for the chin and jawline (chin has visible stubble after 3 hours) after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. Stirling soap did well, and I made the lather a little wetter today; no nicks or irritation.

I am glad that I did not replace the blade - it is still going strong. Great shave today.

Soap: Cella
Razor: Modified Gold Dollar
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: VIBR
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Straight shave #7. Small chin weeper, and another small one on my neck near my adams apple, but I think I just reopened the one from the other day. 2 full passes WTG, and did a third pass XTG (ear towards nose) on cheeks, and did some neck cleanup. Near BBS on cheeks, which was surprising. Felt a little uncomfortable going from ear towards nose, but it was my first time doing so. Came out smooth as butta!

Mistakes- Decided I needed some Cella in my life, which went against the advice I was given to stick with the same setup for a while to properly diagnose any issues that arise via limiting variables. First pass was probably my cleanest pass like ever, and I attribute that to the change in soap. The 2nd pass was great as well, but the third pass is what got me due to what I think was lather deterioration. I did add water and worked the lather a bit, but that's when things started to feel scritchy and I have my first bout of irritation on my neck. Now I'm unsure if it was blade related, technique related, or lather related, because I changed that one variable. Wicked aftershave burn.

It usually takes me a shave or two to get reacquainted with a soap I have not used in a while. Cella is bomb, not bashing it what so ever. It was completely on my end.

Will go back to Arko for the time being.

7/10

Razor: Merkur 1904 OC
Blade: Schick
Brush: RazoRock 24 Barrel Tuxedo Plissoft
Bowl: Potter's House (Local)

Soap: Captain's Choice Venture

Dr. JON'S 1803 aftershave splash

Three passes to a near BBS. Very smooth.

I'm still fooling around in my head about grading the shave. I'm thinking of going to a
Whole and. 5 only to simplify it.

Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Where did you get your Schick blades? I haven't seen these.

A GREAT shave today, pre-soaked hot wash clock etc:

Rare 10 as no stings, razor burn or nicks and lather was perfect!

England - Edwin Jagger de89l Razor
Russia - Astra Superior Platinum Blade
Germany - HL Thater Cream Stout 1 Silvertip Badger
Austria - Haslinger's Sheep's Milk Soap
United Kingdom - Geo F. Trumper Block of Alum
USA - Thayer's Rose Hip Witch Hazel
Spain - Floid Vigoroso After Shave Lotion

Gene
Very International. I'm impressed! [emoji1][emoji106]

SOTD, Tue, Jan 26th 2021

Razor: Gem G bar- MFG1953-58,<mid range, Great razor and a nice razor in the hand with its finger flange at the end for comfort.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely with great longevity & predictable.
Soap: Tabac- nice mild clean flowery scent, with excellent lather qualities & good post shave feel IMO.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble- :001_wub: , loft 54mm, great lather creator, soft cloud like tips, some back bone & excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(RR Creed Adventis version) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.(-20C today)
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation+ no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Gem G bar + a coated SS Gem blade.

SOTD, Tue, Jan 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

love the GBAR......one of my favs.

camo

Top Bottom