What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Potato and spinach hash, spicy beans and preserved lemon.
E30F74AB-D124-4E74-BD27-83EC1742C46D.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Not my typical breakfast but I rooted around the refrigerator for a while and ended up with turkey breast, provolone, dill pickle, and German mustard on a pretzel roll for breakfast. An apple and a pot of tea.

Today was a late lazy morning. Fat free Fage yogurt with fresh blueberries and a drizzle of honey with a mug of Dunkin' Donuts K cup coffee with skim milk. I've been binge eating lately and putting on weight. I'm good about not eating during the day. It's at night that I have the issue. Watching TV at night, especially when everyone else has gone to bed, has become my time to forage and eat the entire time I'm in front of the TV. I've always associated watching TV with noshing on something. I can usually control it if I've been working out regularly. That's when the guilt sets in. But I haven't been on the bike in 3 weeks. So it's stress eating. Wife is going to work out with a friend across the street and I'll get on the bike for a 20 mile ride.

Egg lightly scrambled cooked with black and pinto beans ,green chilies, tomatoes and Cholula sauce. Inside a corn tortilla with frank’s red hot and green onion on top. Some of the bean , chilies, maters on the side. Coffee, black.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
For the bread a cup of white AP, two cups of whole wheat, yeast proofed in twelve ounces of hot water, a drizzle of molasses, a teaspoon of salt, a handful of flax seeds, a handful of pumpkin seeds, and two handfuls of walnut pieces.

For the harissa like sauce soften dried anchos, cascavels, and arbols in boiling water. Remove stems and seeds. Process in a food processor to make a paste with olive oil, salt, crushed garlic. cider vinegar, coriander, and cumin.

Toast sliced bread, spread thickly with avocado, smear some of the harissa like paste over it, squeeze lemon on it, and sprinkle Maldon salt.

Tomorrow I need to bake and make more paste. Today I'll be making broth, the subject of a new thread.

This was something new for me. My wife and I picked up some fresh figs from Trader Joe's. I love dried figs but had never tasted the fresh ones. I decided to slice some and cover a piece of toasted homemade bread slathered with cream cheese and drizzled with honey.

20200902_071701.jpg
20200902_071707.jpg

I did come to realize after the fact (and after cutting open some other figs) that these ones were not a ripe as they could have been. If you are new to fresh figs as I am, when they are fully ripe they should be a much deeper red inside.

Tim

A big bowl of corn flakes and milk, sweetened up with banana slices and a cut up fresh peach. Coffee--strong and black with sugar.

Top Bottom