What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

6/8 Le Grelot "Royal Canada"
SOTD7-16-20.jpg

After killing off a puck of Tabac yesterday I got to get back into my modest soap "rotation", at least until the start of Arko August.
IMG_20200716_071832-01.jpeg

Dorko #318
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 200
Da Fat
Hazelet's 1888

Wonderful shave today. Leisurely, yet it seemed to just happen, without any thought or effort on my part. BBS in three passes with tons of lather left over for photos. Excellent post shave face feel from the MWF. Couldn't be happier.

Italian cousins shave today with a 50/50 of Proraso red and Cella original tonight. It lathered up nice, was slick, smooth, and left my face feeling nice and soft!
Razor-Wacker AllRound antique bone scales
Soap- 50/50 blend of Proraso and Cella
Scuttle- Steve Woodhead pottery
Brush- Maggards Synthetic 24mm knot
3FD778EE-029D-4B43-A1AE-02B147BE1DF0.jpeg

I'm on vacation so I try to stay as far away from computers as I can since they remind me of work. This means that my shaver of the week post is a bit late, but here it is.

Before the Heljestrand M.K. thumb notch series were put into production the blanks for CVH MK No. 30, 31 and 32 were used by Jernbolaget (about 1910 to 1922) to make razors that had a more hollow ground and a production quality that was even better than the later Heljestrand razors. The ivory scale were much thicker too even if this one has ebonite scales. I've written about these razors before and I have a few of the smaller ones made by Jernbolaget, but they are extremely rare since the thin grind made them fragile and easy to hone down by being a bit clumsy. It was only a couple of years ago I finally found this specimen (the only one I've ever come across) of the equivalent of the CVH No 32. Perhaps I shouldn't shave with it, but it is such a magnificent shaver that I occasionally do. In short it's as efficient as the 32, but without the nastiness. I guess it is due to that the thinner blade has more flex and thus saves a mole or two.

20200713_111601.jpg

Wade & Butcher
B&M Le Grand Chypre
Semogue 820 90% tops
Miller Strop
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Tommy Bahama St. Barts

20200717_085545.jpg

another day off again working on Bamboo flooring and painting room. my body may be spent, but shaves like these restoreth the soul!!!! bright tropical smells today.

be well all.

10/10

camo

Top Bottom