What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's much harder to do pick-ups to get to BBS with the Fatip because you just don't get that feedback.

Thats interesting. Torquing the blade must help considerably. Others have implied much the same I think. What might take it right over the edge is a slightly narrower cap that would increase blade exposure slightly and because of that increase the feedback from the edge. Maybe try a Kai, if you get along with them.

I cant remember if I read somewhere that you'd tried a shim with it or not...

Thats interesting. Torquing the blade must help considerably. Others have implied much the same I think. What might take it right over the edge is a slightly narrower cap that would increase blade exposure slightly and because of that increase the feedback from the edge. Maybe try a Kai, if you get along with them.

I cant remember if I read somewhere that you'd tried a shim with it or not...
I'm shimming baby. And I use the Kai and get no more feedback even with that little bit of extra exposure. It's a great shave, don't get me wrong, I just prefer the feedback, especially on the top of my head where I have the lightest touch and therefore require more pickups.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm shimming baby. And I use the Kai and get no more feedback even with that little bit of extra exposure. It's a great shave, don't get me wrong, I just prefer the feedback, especially on the top of my head where I have the lightest touch and therefore require more pickups.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

I'm even more surprised. Shimmed or with a Kai and still no feedback, hmmm. I hope that holds true over my swirls. If it does, with a Feather blade, it might even put my MMOC to bed.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Still have a full and thick head of wavy Italian hair so am not a head shaver. ;)

On my face, I find that fewer touch-ups are needed with the FOCS. My problem areas - jaw, upper lip and around my mouth - are easily and comfortably touched up for a very consistent DFS++.

The FOCS provides some of my best shaves. I'm extremely pleased with my FOCS. :)

Two opposites, the Dart positively screams "I'm an aggressive razor" with gobs of blade feel and audible feedback. Going ATG in my head it stumbles a little, not as bad as the Blackbird. The Fatip doesn't stumble at all and cuts as close and kicks it up a notch without the drama. No shim this time.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IMG_4753.jpg

Razor: Fatip La Sorto Originale
Blade: Rapira PL (5)
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
Soap: Cella Extra Extra Bio

I really don't know why I have any razors other than the FOCS. Oh I know why, I'm a member of B&B and I'm shave crazy, Lol. Absolutely nothing compares to it. It was another excellent shave from the most excellent razor ever made.

The Cella is amazing. It was my first shave with it and I think it may be better than the original red. Smooth, creamy, yogurty lather with plenty of cushion and slickness. It is the violins to the FOCS's harps. I used no post shave at all either and feel quite smooth and comfortable.

The brush is new as well. I'm having to get used to it. It is the smallest and least dense boar I own. It does not load a lot of product like my bigger boars but still whips up an excellent lather. This was the second shave and again, I had pretty much nothing left in the scuttle afterwards. It will definitely save me a lot of soap. (Like I need that with all I have). It was also the first boar ever to smell. I got it in the mail yesterday, washed it and immediately put it in water to soak for my shave. I lathered up my new,dry, unbloomed Williams puck and commenced to shaving. It smelled like either Tractor Supply or the Farmers Co-op. (I've spent a lot of time in both so I am very familiar with that smell, Lol) It didn't really bother me and I finished the shave. Today it had no smell at all. It was like all of my other boars.

Just another outstanding shave with outstanding products. Time for a glass of whiskey and some relaxation.

Finally... New York! At least on this side of the pond, after more than a month... Damn virus!!!! Still has to get all the way down to Miami... And then El Salvador... Where the hell is El Salvador you might ask... Google it up! Prolly the only wet shaver down here... Not all heroes wear capes!View attachment 1120905

That gives me hope for mine at least.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200703
20200703_102744~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: Goodfellas Sea Citrus
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Cologne: Pino Silvestre Original

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale delivers another outstanding performance! Today's shave (with the lone exception of the Hyaluronic Acid) is 100% Italian and 100% wonderful!

First use of the Goodfellas Sea Citrus. Great lather, slick, nice cushion and very nice post shave feel. I'll be using this soap again!

Great Friday shave. :)

I just received my FOCS and only have one shave with a Nacet (1) and Mikes Hungarian Lavender. It felt so smooth with NO blade feel yet very efficient without aggression. I have read of people saying they had to check if they actually put a blade in well this is the first time I actually experienced that feeling. I have never used a slant before, but this razor really confuses me. It appears to have no gap other the teeth gap because the blade sits almost directly on the bottom plate. It appears to have positive exposure, but I would expect to have some blade feel if that was the case. Is this the unique feel a slant has?

I like blade feel and my Blackbird OC checks all my boxes. Because it has a fairly small gap but a good deal of positive exposure I would not call it super smooth. The blade feel lets me know how I'm maintaining my angle. This razor has given me my most enjoyable and efficient shaves.

My Timeless .95mm, SS, OC & Timeless .95mm, Ti, OC with more gap but less exposure gives a smoother shave with less blade feel and a little less efficiency. This razor really compliments the Blackbird and is also wonderful to use.

If the Blackbird were a Ferrari and the Timeless a Corvette, the FOCS is a Tesia.

I got my FOCS today and although I like the look of it, the quality seems a bit off.

I can visibly see the one side of the cap is farther from the plate than the other side. This results in a noticeably different shave between the two sides.

IMG_20200703_183118.jpg
IMG_20200703_183056.jpg

When I flip the plate, this problem is minimized. However, the blade exposure is at least half as much in one side compared to the other. I can't adjust the blade as it sits as it is.

IMG_20200703_183348.jpg
IMG_20200703_183358.jpg

I haven't done a full shave with it so I don't know how it'll shave. All I know is that two sides shave different and it annoys me that it'll be like that.

I don't know. I want to like this razor. I'll report back after the shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I got my FOCS today and although I like the look of it, the quality seems a bit off.

I can visibly see the one side of the cap is farther from the plate than the other side. This results in a noticeably different shave between the two sides.

View attachment 1121364 View attachment 1121365

When I flip the plate, this problem is minimized. However, the blade exposure is at least half as much in one side compared to the other. I can't adjust the blade as it sits as it is.

View attachment 1121366 View attachment 1121367

I haven't done a full shave with it so I don't know how it'll shave. All I know is that two sides shave different and it annoys me that it'll be like that.

I don't know. I want to like this razor. I'll report back after the shave.

From the pics, it looks like the entire plate is off center? Any way to measure and see if everything is centered?

Top Bottom