What's new

Name a song or Album That Rocked your World

I’m surprised the album that introduced a whole new genre to rock and roll doesn’t get more praise.
BC227B24-15CC-409F-8F62-AFB9FA1DAECA.jpeg

Joe Walsh “so what”
SRV “Texas flood”
Lynyrd Skynyrd “second helping”
The band “the band”
George Thorogood and the destroyers “George Thorogood and the destroyers”

Songs:

Shout by Tears For Fears - First time I heard it I was in bed listening to my walkman, a small college radio station, and it was just so haunting, there in the dark at 2:00am

Bullet The Blue Sky by U2 - I was standing in line to get into a bar to see a local band, and this song came on over the PA system, with that heavy thumping bass and Edge's angry guitar lines.

Indian Reservation by Paul Revere & The Raiders - That keyboard intro, the bass line, the lyrics. As I child playing Cowboys & Indians, I just always identified with the Native American spirit and story.

The Pleasure Principal, Gary Numan. The start of a life long love of music but especially electronic. Also,

Dave Brubeck, Jazz impressions of Japan, opened my eyes to jazz.

Can't name any album off my head but always had a great love of the sound of bossa nova, especially the sound around the 50's and 60's. Lead me to Dave Brubeck USA bossa nova LP. SWMBO says my bossa collection is starting to get out of control. In fact I'm not allowed to put my music on a work when the surgeons ask for music as no one else likes it. Just love that sound, makes me happy.

Albums:

Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue

Pearl Jam - Ten

Adolescents - Adolescents (An Orange County, CA hard core punk band from the early 1980s)

The Alarm - Declaration

Neil Young - Live Rust

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes

Top Bottom