What's new

Name a song or Album That Rocked your World

Japan- Gentlemen takes Polaroids. Set me off in a highlighted hair, tight leather trousers, flouncey shirts kinda way. Started up an early electro, shoes gazing guitar band. Tall, handsome, stick thin, pale as a ghost. Absolutely made me. Still gets a regular spin now.

Must of looked really strange coming into work as an apprentice engineer after a night out playing a gig. LMAO 😂🤣😂🤡

Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells

I listened to this blasting on headphones when I was a boy. I think it’s buried deep in the grey matter and has been the running soundtrack throughout my life.
Yes, this was in the same box of bootlegs with sabbath. Still listen to it.

Garbage: "Garbage" and "Version 2.0" These albums were a huge influence on me in ways I can't fully articulate. They put everything I loved about different kinds of music - rock, pop, alternative, beats, loops - and put in a blender to come out with something that sounded so distinctly different and undeniably them. They didn't sound like anyone else, and no one sounds like them. Also, "Bleed Like Me" is a woefully underrated album.

Beck - "Odelay" A super cool, chill, mellow album that (like Garbage above) incorporated a lot of different influences.

Alice in Chains - "Jar of Flies" The harmonies are beautiful and haunting. That's true of any AIC album but I think this is the best.

The Beach Boys - "Pet Sounds" If you think The Beach Boys are just cars, girls, and surfing then you owe it to yourself to listen to this album. Brian Wilson at his creative apex.

Top Bottom