What's new

What's your favorite Russian blade?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
crleftwich:
Voskhod blades happens to be my 'go-to' blade! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Dа...бритва[лезвие] не может быть обострена на части бархата". Автор неизвестен (translation...“Yes...a razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

I’d say right now the new production Gillette Platinum blades. Smooth and efficient. If I ever mail order blades again, that’s what I’m going to order. I’m confident that this is one blade that will not disappear from the marketplace.

I also have a lot of GSBs and 7OC SharpEdge blades and I’m just as happy with those. I have some of the old red box Stainless and they give great shaves but the edge doesn’t last in the way it does on the Platinums and GSBs.

I have not used and will not consider the Mostochlegmash blades. I get that some people really like them, and I won’t argue, but I’ve seen enough QC complaints that I don’t feel the need to spin the wheel on them when I already have a large stock of blades I know I like.

Last edited:
I have both GSB and Gillette Platinum. I have compared them side by side in identical razors during the same shave and cannot tell any difference between them. Thus, I believe they are the same blade in a different wrapper.

Gonna have to disagree with this. To me, GSB is sharper than a Gillette Platinum. I like the Platinum better for day in day out shaving because I find it a more relaxed shave, but when it's time to really mow things down, I prefer a GSB and can easily tell the difference.

I like Astra SPs, but decidedly less than GSBs and Nacet. Polsilver SI had been a good but not top tier blade for me but is now a very good blade as well. I also enjoyed 7 O’clock Yellows.

Venturing to the Moscow blades, I tried Voskhod and after the five blade tuck was finished decided to never purchase them again.

Moral of the story for me is that any PPI (St. Petersburg) blade is going to be between good and outstanding. Moscow blades are not high on my list to try since I have in excess of 600 blades (PPI, Feather, Personna Red) and my limited experience with Voskhod was unfavorable.

...Moral of the story for me is that any PPI (St. Petersburg) blade is going to be between good and outstanding...

Bingo. One needs to try the different Gillette blades in their favorite razors to determine which are for them. It is almost a sure bet that at least one (and probably far more!) of their vast selection will hit the "sweet spot".

Polsilver si is my favorite blade, but, I have a hundred pack of Russian made Wizamet coming and everyone says they are even better so we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gillette Silver Blue has been my favourite for ~ 2 years. I also like the Astra SP but it is not as good as the GSB. I also think the 7 O'Clock SharpEdge is good but have not tried enough of them to give an endorsement.

Top Bottom