What's new

Rudy Vey / Shavemac D01 2 & 3 band brushes

So I received these two beautiful brushes made by Rudy Vey for me, and the knots are from Shavemac.

left: D01 2 band - Fan - 28/56 mm - Red Corral - Chubby Handle
right: D01 3 band - Bulb - 28/54 mm - Briar - Chubby Handle

First of I have to say that working with Rudy was beyond anything I had imagined, he is very knowledgeable , patient! (I ask a lot of questions and he is an encyclopedia on brushes), communicative and the knots are pretty amazing.

I tried them today (half face each) and these were my findings (note that I love dense brushes that have great backbone)

The 2 band is super dense, not scritchy at all and has a very good backbone but a great scrub. I'd say it's probably up-par if not more dense/backbone than my B7 Declaration I received about 2 months ago. Reminds me of the Chubby 3 Manchurian/Chubby 2 Band Silvertip from Simpson which I have and probably a little bit denser than both. It lathered soap quite nicely with great flow. I am very impressed by this knot and I am glad I ordered it in fan as I think in bulb it probably would have been slightly scritchy (thanks to Rudy & people here who recommended getting it in fan)

The 3 band has a great backbone/density and soft tips, reminds me of my Chubby 3 Super but better backbone on this one. Great at lathering soap and great flow. If you like more backbone, definitely go with the 2Band.

The handles are both Chubby style which I love (since 28mm , like a Chubby 2 from Simpson)

Overall they are great brushes/knots and I couldn't be any happier.

proxy.php

Beautiful brushes from a master craftsman. Congratulations, & thank you for the comparison between the two band & 3 band. It’s very informative reading your thoughts.

You cannot go wrong with one of Rudys brushes.
Take a look for the thread where Rudy visited the Shavemac factory.

So I received these two beautiful brushes made by Rudy Vey for me, and the knots are from Shavemac.

left: D01 2 band - Fan - 28/56 mm - Red Corral - Chubby Handle
right: D01 3 band - Bulb - 28/54 mm - Briar - Chubby Handle

First of I have to say that working with Rudy was beyond anything I had imagined, he is very knowledgeable , patient! (I ask a lot of questions and he is an encyclopedia on brushes), communicative and the knots are pretty amazing.

I tried them today (half face each) and these were my findings (note that I love dense brushes that have great backbone)

The 2 band is super dense, not scritchy at all and has a very good backbone but a great scrub. I'd say it's probably up-par if not more dense/backbone than my B7 Declaration I received about 2 months ago. Reminds me of the Chubby 3 Manchurian/Chubby 2 Band Silvertip from Simpson which I have and probably a little bit denser than both. It lathered soap quite nicely with great flow. I am very impressed by this knot and I am glad I ordered it in fan as I think in bulb it probably would have been slightly scritchy (thanks to Rudy & people here who recommended getting it in fan)

The 3 band has a great backbone/density and soft tips, reminds me of my Chubby 3 Super but better backbone on this one. Great at lathering soap and great flow. If you like more backbone, definitely go with the 2Band.

The handles are both Chubby style which I love (since 28mm , like a Chubby 2 from Simpson)

Overall they are great brushes/knots and I couldn't be any happier.

proxy.php

Rudy makes wonderful brushes, everything is seen do far speaks of quality!

Congrads and happy shaves,

Mawashi

I just had Rudy replace a knot (Maggards Super High Density) in a custom Wolf Whiskers handle with a Shavemac D01 2 Band. The Maggards SHD was so soft and had zero backbone, so I wanted a knot that was the exact opposite. The Shavemac D01 after one use has already shown it is a better fit for me. Just the right amount of scrub and backbone. I now have a very expensive custom brush, but one I will enjoy to use rather than the Maggard's SHD knot which would have never been used.

I love your brushes Houmi! Really nice. I have a few Rudy handles and they are the best I own. He is a pleasure to work with as others have mentioned.

Top Bottom