What's new

New Batman

So did anyone hear about the new Batman selection?

For those of you who didn’t hear Robert Pattinson will be the new caped crusader.

I’m not sure what to think of the choice, hopefully he does well.

LOL. They should just do a Batman movie when he’s old. Do Michael Keaton as Batman again!

I prefer to remember the DC silver age comics I read growing up in the 50s & early 60s. It's probably better if I withhold comment on what I think of the choice of actors portraying them on tv and film over the years. I will say that it seems to keep getting worse.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The last time Batman was on my radar ...

proxy.php

... it was all the talk of Ben Affleck being the next Batman. I don't recall actually seeing "his" Batman movie come out though. Not that I really paid attention but ... did it?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
The last time Batman was on my radar ...

proxy.php

... it was all the talk of Ben Affleck being the next Batman. I don't recall actually seeing "his" Batman movie come out though. Not that I really paid attention but ... did it?
No. He did "Batman vs. Super Man" and "Justice League," but no solo Batman film. Personally, while I was initially skeptical about him, I don't think he did a bad job. Not at the top of my Batman rankings, but certainly not bad. I'll withhold judgement on Pattinson until I see the end result. I wasn't keen on Christian Bale and "Batman Begins," until I actually saw it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Is it possible for him to actually put on any mass? His co-star in those awful vampire movies would be a better choice.

Back when they announced Michael Keaton donning the cowl, the world went crazy saying what a horrible idea it was. He turned out to be pretty decent. I think Pattinson is a pretty good actor and I think he'll do fine. I thought Ben Affleck was fine. Now, if they really want to make my day, they need to cast Patrick Warburton as the Dark Knight.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Back when they announced Michael Keaton donning the cowl, the world went crazy saying what a horrible idea it was. He turned out to be pretty decent. I think Pattinson is a pretty good actor and I think he'll do fine. I thought Ben Affleck was fine. Now, if they really want to make my day, they need to cast Patrick Warburton as the Dark Knight.
I had to look up Patrick Warburton. I never remember his name, but I like everything I have seen him in.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I dont like when actors switch super heroes. Warburton will always be The TICK to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I dont like when actors switch super heroes. Warburton will always be The TICK to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
true, but he'd be a hoot as Batman (and Bruce Wayne). Plus, let's not get started on Ryan Green Lantern/Deadpool/Pikachu/Hannibal King Reynolds

Top Bottom