What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Hi Mike,
I like it quite a bit.. not very complex but a nice change from my typical Virginia.
I do not smoke anything cased at all ..I think that is because of my strong affinity to cigars??

Mostly I'm pretty new to pipes and cigars. Certainly . . . it is all tobacco but so far there are qualities that cigars have in common that I like and qualities of pipe tobacco I like but . . . to me. . . the categories remain distinct.

Again I'm new and ignorant and trying to understand. Cigars seem easier . . . less demanding of technique. You don't like one . . . throw it out. Pipes . . . now . . . did you dry out the tobacco enough? . . . did you rub it out or twist it into your pipe in the best way? . . . did you tamp it down too much or not enough?

All fun to try . . . at least that's were I am so far.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hi Mike,
I like it quite a bit.. not very complex but a nice change from my typical Virginia.
I do not smoke anything cased at all ..I think that is because of my strong affinity to cigars??
Have you tried out any of the MacBaren HH line? I can hook you up if you want.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks Owen.. I have enough in my stash that my decedents will be wondering what to do with it.
I might have to name a tobacco executor on B&B. Maybe give my main executor the info so they can send tobacco and shipping money to my TE so that the TE can give it away on B&B. :)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I broke off a bit of C&D Night Train rubbed it out and enjoyed it in a MM legend. Fresh out of the pound bag it was perhaps a bit moist . . That's just me rushing. For me this is like a like drive right up the middle of pipe tobacco I enjoy. Took a bit of work to get it to the point where it was well lit.

Clearly I'm a fan of Perique. No topping on this blend but there is sweetness but subtle for me from the Virginian.

Ok . . odd comment . . . This is a tobacco that I feel the enjoyment from half an hour later. I'm talking about the taste. Oh, yes there is for me a fairly strong nicotine hit.

I'd say the room note is good. By which I mean my wife didn't comment. :)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Like many of you I think, I was thinking about D-Day. I enjoyed a bit of Three Nuns Green in my Shorta Morta last night as it is one of a few tobaccos I recall my father enjoying . . . and yea . . . I know it was reformulated and so on.

I think my father was recovering from a grenade wound he suffered in Italy in a hospital in England at that time.

In this day of . . .

We really really should reflect and acknowledge the greatness of what our parents/grand parents/ did for us.

Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a Bones bent dublin.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I broke off a bit of C&D Night Train rubbed it out and enjoyed it in a MM legend. Fresh out of the pound bag it was perhaps a bit moist . . That's just me rushing. For me this is like a like drive right up the middle of pipe tobacco I enjoy. Took a bit of work to get it to the point where it was well lit.

Clearly I'm a fan of Perique. No topping on this blend but there is sweetness but subtle for me from the Virginian.

Ok . . odd comment . . . This is a tobacco that I feel the enjoyment from half an hour later. I'm talking about the taste. Oh, yes there is for me a fairly strong nicotine hit.

I'd say the room note is good. By which I mean my wife didn't comment. :)

Night train is one of my favorites as well. It should do really well with some age on it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Like many of you I think, I was thinking about D-Day. I enjoyed a bit of Three Nuns Green in my Shorta Morta last night as it is one of a few tobaccos I recall my father enjoying . . . and yea . . . I know it was reformulated and so on.

I think my father was recovering from a grenade wound he suffered in Italy in a hospital in England at that time.

In this day of . . .

We really really should reflect and acknowledge the greatness of what our parents/grand parents/ did for us.

Amen Mike. Today’s generation would benefit from understanding the sacrifices they made for us.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Night train is one of my favorites as well. It should do really well with some age on it.

Since I opened the 1 lb package I had to jar it up today. Man this is packed tight. Not quite plug but kinda getting there. I smoked a bit that was left on my cutting board. Even fresh this is growing on me. Just needed a bit of drying time. . . .not much . . . but a bit. Fit it into 4 250 ml jars . . . about 8 oz. Mostly a pound for me takes 6 jars.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Since I opened the 1 lb package I had to jar it up today. Man this is packed tight. Not quite plug but kinda getting there. I smoked a bit that was left on my cutting board. Even fresh this is growing on me. Just needed a bit of drying time. . . .not much . . . but a bit. Fit it into 4 250 ml jars . . . about 8 oz. Mostly a pound for me takes 6 jars.

I purchase a 2oz tin first to test it and it was a really lose cake. Feel apart just looking at it. When the 1lb block came it was a market difference. Super hard as you say. My stash is about a year old and happily hasn’t expanded at all.

Earlier I smoked some rubbed out OGS sprinkled with a bit of D&R Rimboche SJ in a Radice Rind Billiard with a faux bamboo shank. Now smoking PS LBF in the sister pipe, a Radice Rind Billiard with a decorative wood band. Both pipes are 2019 POY over at Pipe Smoker's Den.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Some 3 year old Dunhill Royal Yacht in a ...well, you know.

Music: Music? What music...just peace and quiet.

I do think I like my Charatans better than the Dunhill pipe though.

DSC_0011 (2).JPG

Top Bottom