What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Adams Sam '76...

I'm really liking this one. It's mass produced and on the cheaper side, but it is crisp and so drinkable. A good thirst quenching beer. [emoji846]
proxy.php

They have resumed the practice. The last time I went, maybe 10 years ago, no samples were offered. Not sure when they restarted.

DSCN0915.JPG

A basic, light, fresh, and delicious beer from New Glarus. It almost demands that you light the grill and spend time on the patio with friends and family.

Here's a great video telling the story of New Glarus. Enjoy.

Don

Some beers, simply on the basis of their name or presentation, seem downright silly. And you say to yourself, "well, who in their right mind would try something like that?" Rhinelander's Chocolate Bunny Stout comes to mind... I ended up pouring most of that six pack down the drain.....

DSCN0917.JPG

Point Brewing consistently surprises me with their silly name offerings. Snow Pilot is a pistachio nut brown ale that is amazing, and this one, their malt milkshake porter, rewards you with a rich, creamy sweet, not overly filling or bloating swallow. You want more!

Don

Mas Agave 2019 from Founder’s. Very lime tequila barrel aged Gose. Something different and delicious!
2A6A9B63-2856-4BEA-A857-77B653DFD81F.jpeg
3D6F0579-FDC3-4E32-BA4D-4F6F76CEB913.jpeg

More nice barrel aged stuff on the shelf.

78B36C6D-4714-45AA-9E1D-89A044CB927E.jpeg 1B952BAC-29D3-425E-9FA2-2D8605A6E618.jpeg
Two new ones to me, and both very good in their own right:
Dragon’s Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout
Palm City (Ft. Myers) City Juice IPA - think it’s unfiltered?! Surprisingly good!

DSCN0918.JPG

Mango blonde ale from Lift Bridge, Stillwater, MN. Okay, but I won't be seeking any more.

It's snowing here in Minnesota.... not snow, but those little helicopter maple seeds you see in the foreground. Terrible things, hard to clean up!

Don

My pleasure. Had a couple of brews from them just today. If you ever get to Wisconsin or know somebody who is going, have them pick up some New Glarus offerings. They produce some really good beers.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom