What's new

Tim Conway RIP

McHales' Navy. Gods. I watched those shows in syndication day after day - trying to come up with answers about living and life as a three to ten-year-old kid watching that show. I'm surprised I'm not more damaged goods than I am. (ah, wait a minute..... N-e-v-e-rmind.....)

Binghamton? That suck-up Carpenter? CHUCK? gahhh!

PerkyPossibleCockatiel-small.gif

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Tim Conway was one funny guy.
His best act was on McHale’s Navy.
May he rest in peace.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
He was a hoot and he lived a good life. RIP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Whenever I think of Tim Conway, I think of the Elephant Story. This was two ab libs he pulled during filming of a "Mama's Family" sketch on The Carol Brunette Show. In addition to the absurdity of the two yarns, the efforts of the cast to keep a straight face is hilarious.

Best part of the "Elephant Story" is not how Conway destroyed his castmates. It is Vicki Lawrence just killing Conway with the last line. The perfect revenge. R.I.P. Mr. Conway . . . that kind of comedy is just not done any more. On the way into work this morning, a radio guy was mentioning Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler as modern comedians who have carried on in Conway's mold, but I just don't see it. Conway had a naïve innocence to his craft that allowed a viewer to buy in. He was a giant.

Top Bottom