What's new

Wow! Just Wow!

Hi guys
A month or so ago I received the Timeless OC.78 in bronze. Very excited. To begin with, I was ok with the efficiency etc but I got the nicks and weepers. Ok...a learning curve here. But no matter what I did, angles, blades etc...I never could come to terms with this plate. Now I love the looks, the fit and finish etc...I just couldn't get it to work. So I would up ordering the SB base in bronze. Just finished my first shave...HOLY CRAP! What a difference! I felt confident, the shave was painless, bloodless and no irritation. Before the razor felt heavy and cumbersome, now it feels ...right. I am amazed at this plate and the difference it brings to my shave.

I'm with you about the SB. I can't see myself needing anything more aggressive.
Although it can bite given enough pressure and angle.
And yes, it is a beautiful razor. :a14: (Even though mine have some imperfections in the finish).

It's a wonderful razor, I have the same. Down to just 2 razors. The SB Bronze and Timeless Titanium .95 with dual comb OC/Scalloped. I do prefer the Titanium but I can use the Bronze daily if needed.

Thanx guys, I was just totally blown away with the difference between the two plates. Always nervous with the .78 and completely at ease with the SB.

I just got both. Makes me not miss my wolfman anymore tbh. .78 is a tad smoother for me than the .80 OC. Now .78 WTG then SB ATG. Honestly the best DE shave Ive ever had. If they made a dual comb i think it would sell like crazy.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Congrats!
yes i had the same experience. That oc just shredded me. the sb is a dream but as @GoodOutcome said the sb can bite with a bad angle or pressure.

I have .38 SB and .78 OC. The .38 is an easy, smooth, stress free shaver, no nicks, cuts, irritation. For me the .78 OC requires close, constant attention, but is much more efficient than the .38. Which one to use bepends what kind of shave I want and if I want to put out the mental effort to get the best from the .78, OC or just cruise thru the shave with the .38 SB. FWIW Huck1680, if you keep working with the .78 it will reward you with great, close shaves, definitly worth the effort IMHO, even if it nevers becomes a daily driver.

I had the Bronze OC for 4 weeks, before I finally sent it back. It's a beast, and no matter what blade, I had nicks and weepers every shave, even with the lightest touch. - In all fairness, I have somewhat unlevel face with a scar or two, but usually have no problem with most razors. (Slim/FB on 9, Rockwell R6, you get the idea).

Currently own a 95 OC in SS, night and day difference. Smooth, super efficient, and rarely a cut, Nick, or weepers. - Just that occasional speeding ticket 1 or 2 times a month, when not paying attention. No more aggressive feeling than my Fat-Bay, but smoother! She's my daily shave during the week, with no problem or irritation.

The OC Bronze shaves very differently, and I found really steep the best method....handle close to face.

Thanks for the update! Very interesting.

Hi guys
A month or so ago I received the Timeless OC.78 in bronze. Very excited. To begin with, I was ok with the efficiency etc but I got the nicks and weepers. Ok...a learning curve here. But no matter what I did, angles, blades etc...I never could come to terms with this plate. Now I love the looks, the fit and finish etc...I just couldn't get it to work. So I would up ordering the SB base in bronze. Just finished my first shave...HOLY CRAP! What a difference! I felt confident, the shave was painless, bloodless and no irritation. Before the razor felt heavy and cumbersome, now it feels ...right. I am amazed at this plate and the difference it brings to my shave.

I have .38 SB and .78 OC. The .38 is an easy, smooth, stress free shaver, no nicks, cuts, irritation. For me the .78 OC requires close, constant attention, but is much more efficient than the .38. Which one to use bepends what kind of shave I want and if I want to put out the mental effort to get the best from the .78, OC or just cruise thru the shave with the .38 SB. FWIW Huck1680, if you keep working with the .78 it will reward you with great, close shaves, definitly worth the effort IMHO, even if it nevers becomes a daily driver.
Yeah, you're probably right but the .78 is a shave that, as you say, requires close attention. I may go back to it occasionally but the SB is just so much more intuitive and comfortable for me.

Top Bottom