What's new

Heating lather in microwave

So I was bowl lathering today, I didn't start off with heating my lathering bowl nor did I use hot water to soak my brush.

After lathering for a minute I had half a bowl of lather which was cold so I had an idea or heating the half bowl of lather in microwave. So there goes the bowl for 10 seconds and to my surprise the lather was overflowing the bowl and was sufficiently warm. I didn't put the brush in microwave though.

Had an enjoyable shave. The quantity of lather was enough to last for 6 or 7 passes.

Has anyone else tried this before? It worked for me but any downside to this?

Scuttle

proxy.php

I'd warn against putting your lathering bowls, mugs and scuttles in the microwave. They may warp, crack the glazing or break completely.

I'd warn against putting your lathering bowls, mugs and scuttles in the microwave. They may warp, crack the glazing or break completely.
I have repurposed a soup bowl as my shaving bowl. In its previous life as a soup bowl, It went in my microwave a number of times without any issues. Why would it be any different now?

PS : it's a ceramic bowl similar to the one below.
proxy.php

I have repurposed a soup bowl as my shaving bowl. In its previous life as a soup bowl, It went in my microwave a number of times without any issues. Why would it be any different now?

PS : it's a ceramic bowl similar to the one below.
proxy.php

Soup bowls are good for microwaves. Not all ceramics are microwave friendly.

Top Bottom