What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
2019-02-20 17.54.56.jpg
fd562197e2049ce8b037017aac1ab42f.720x720x1.jpg

Yesterday I stopped in at a flea market just to take a picture of a couple of razors that I had some questions about. Thanks again Gentlemen for not letting me make a big mistake.

Well, I thought while I'm here I would look around to see if there was anything new. About 2 booths down I saw 5 razors sticking out of an old beat up shaving mug. It had a sign on it that read "Old razors $5 each". Well even though I didn't go there to buy anything, I couldn't just leave them, Could I, and this is an Acquisition thread. I guess I don't need to tell the rest of the story.

Here's the first one, I didn't know what it was until I got home and did a little research. I had know idea what a Bresduck was.

2019-02-21 19.09.30.jpg

2019-02-21 19.09.59.jpg

The rest of them in my opinion or at least equal if not better than this one. I'll post the rest as I get them cleaned up a little bit.

that will make a beautiful shaver but keep it in the air as they suffer with cell rot and if you notice any spots of rust showing on the blade remove the scales

that will make a beautiful shaver but keep it in the air as they suffer with cell rot and if you notice any spots of rust showing on the blade remove the scales

Thanks. I think the scales are plastic but I'm not sure. It's definitely a good candidate for replacement though.

Here's the second of the 5. Another duck, not a dubl but a Twin Duck Wedge. It's a Breswick 4/8 almost wedge with a hammered shank and tang. This one had some surface rust but cleaned up well.

20190223_201624.jpg

20190223_202602.jpg

Screenshot_20190223-201944_Gallery.jpg

Just bought my first ebay razor...a Robeson... Thought it was a great way to try out a thumb notch and the price was right. Even came with the box!
Robeson-Rochester Thumb Notch Razor.jpg

Top Bottom