What's new

Most expensive straight razor in your collection and why?

This is my most expensive or rather priceless razor!
IMG_20190210_083829.jpg

It was given to me by an very generous member for whom I am extremely grateful to.

To me she's priceless, to be handed down through the generations or given away but never sold.

Mine is a Tim Zowada damascus steel, I bought the blade from tim and then scaled it in ivory
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Why? Why not, it is a beautiful razor I will have forever and pass down to my son, truly a piece of art-and it was my last razor I bought to keep, I haven't bought a razor in a few years.

Wow, Alfredo! That’s a beauty, is it still your most expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hart Steel 5/8 Straight Razor, Satin Finish, Square Point

Just ordered it yesterday. I’ll post a pic when it arrives. It’s really my birthday present, that I got to pick out. Also, I just learned a painful lesson on my previous purchase, which was naive and overly optimistic: a no-brand Damascus steel razor from an online storefront that turned out to be made of poor quality steel and wouldn’t take an edge. Prior to that mistake I bought a really nice vintage razor from Whipped Dog, and a nice W&B I found for a steal at a flea market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Rockwell 6S is my daily driver.

I also have a Gillette that was recently released and a Micro One Touch. The Gillette has never been used and the Micro One Touch was retired when I acquired the Rockwell.

972D4F16-3F1F-45BE-BB4D-54414905EC14-2264-0000025BF578823C.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hart Steel 5/8 Straight Razor, Satin Finish, Square Point

Just ordered it yesterday. I’ll post a pic when it arrives. It’s really my birthday present, that I got to pick out. Also, I just learned a painful lesson on my previous purchase, which was naive and overly optimistic: a no-brand Damascus steel razor from an online storefront that turned out to be made of poor quality steel and wouldn’t take an edge. Prior to that mistake I bought a really nice vintage razor from Whipped Dog, and a nice W&B I found for a steal at a flea market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, very pleased with the Hart. Honed it up and it shaved like a dream...very light and nimble.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom