What's new

Barbasol 100th Anniversary Edition Can

Yep. Foamy Lemon Lime is easy to get. 1.99 a can here. I was wishing for Barbasol Lime. Rise used to make a good one as well.

AHH, I gotcha, I see what you mean now..:D(rough day at work LOL)
I'm SURE I've tried it...the one on the right, correct?
proxy.php

Or even this one?
proxy.php

My old fave..was SERIOUSLY bummed when it went away..
proxy.php

AHH, I gotcha, I see what you mean now..:D(rough day at work LOL)
I'm SURE I've tried it...the one on the right, correct?
proxy.php

Or even this one?
proxy.php

My old fave..was SERIOUSLY bummed when it went away..
proxy.php
YES!!! Exactly like that. Barbasol lime and Colgate lime are discontinued sadly. You can find them on the bay now and then but the prices are wayyyy out there. I guess not enough people buy lime canned goo. :(

YES!!! Exactly like that. Barbasol lime and Colgate lime are discontinued sadly. You can find them on the bay now and then but the prices are wayyyy out there. I guess not enough people buy lime canned goo. :(

Had to go look for my curiosity. Yeah a couple listings on there for $10-15 per can...woof.

Thanks for the heads up. I have not used Barbosal since I started wet shaving, but maybe I will look for an anniversary can at the supermarket. Plus I have noticed and appreciated their short paid advertising spot on Monday Night Football broadcast by Westwood One (radio not TV). As a further aside I enjoy listening to Kevin Harlan play-by-play & Kurt Warner analysis more that the Sunday TV guys. I searched for a clip of Kevin Harlan saying "Barbosal ...." to post here but I could not find anything.

Recent Barbasol creams discontinued:
Skin Conditioning (Yellow)
Mountain Blast (Purple) - maybe just been renamed as Extra Moisturizing? (also Purple)
Arctic Chill (Light blue) - w/ Menthol
Pacific Rush (Turquoise) - original version without Menthol

What remains:
Original (Red)
Soothing Aloe (Green)
Sensitive (Orange)
Pacific Rush w/ Menthol and Caffeine (Turquoise)
Extra Moisturizing w/ Vitamin E (Purple)

Last edited:
barbasolaniversay.jpg

found this at my local shop rite for 18 bucks. You get the aniversary can, 1 travel size can, 1 razor w/2 blades, Barbasol retro playing cards and a nice size tin. I was looking for a storage box for some of my razors,so this fit the bill, comes with some nice foam inserts for protection and has enough room for 2 levels of razor storage. Overall it's a little pricey for what you're getting, but I like the tin and it's a cool storage box for the shave nook.

I saw those cans in the grocery store the other day and thought they were really cool. One thing you can say about Barbasol, they have a really good marketing department.

Found the can at my local drugstore today. As someone earlier posted, it has a much stronger scent then the regular can. It seems to be a bit thicker as well.

Definitely adds a nostalgia aspect to the shave den! Don't use it that much, but add a little bit of water & it is plenty slick.

2018-11-13 18.13.21.jpg

2018-11-13 18.45.35.jpg

Saw it, thought it was cool, but passed because I've come to prefer Gillette Foamy again. Since it has a different scent, will probably give it a try.

I'm on a shaving like dad did kick so i had to try barbasol picked up both current and anniversary one on each side of face i really liked the anniversary foam seems thicker milder scent 1956 Gillette super speed flair tip new Astra great shave with both foams but missing my Proaso red . . . enjoy

Top Bottom