What's new

Potato Chips

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I know it makes me sound something of a lunatic, but the sound of those doesn't really appeal to me. It might be that I always associate spicy queso with tortilla chips.
We didn't think they were all that great...good though. The wife knows her queso and this ain't it.

...on to the next one.:whistling:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thanks for the report, Aaron. I'm sure that I would have given in to curiosity at some point, probably to be disappointed in the same manner.

I may need to take a stroll down the chip aisle and see if something Kettle grabs me.

My favourite of the Kettle Chip crisps we get in the UK are the sea salt and black pepper. Tasty!

Saying that, Tesco's own brand are just as good and half the price!

Gareth

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
20180915_110035.jpg

I just might have to go back and buy 'em out of these.

I don't know if they are still made but many years ago we would get home deliveries of Charles Chips potato chips. They came in large tins and my kids loved them.

proxy.php

I don't know if they are still made but many years ago we would get home deliveries of Charles Chips potato chips. They came in large tins and my kids loved them.

proxy.php

I remember the Charles Chips from when I was a kid, but pretty much only because mom would throw my toys into the old canisters.

Now a days, its Kitchen Cooked for me:
o.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
They need to put chips in a box. Haven't you ever seen your stocker stuff chip bags into there gandola rack with the force of the Hulk?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Useless trivia: The space in chip bags is called "slack fill". The bags are filled with nitrogen. I only know this because in a former life, Frito Lay was a customer of mine and I spent quite a bit of time on their production floors.

I've got a thing for sweet potato chips but good ones are hard to find. For a while my favorite brand was Simply Nature but now and then a bag would be stale. Maybe that's why the local Aldi doesn't carry it anymore. The Clancy brand at Aldi is pretty good. However, the Clancy cinnamon and brown sugar one is best avoided. Too much of a good thing, I think. It ought to work but just doesn't. The brand I got at Publix wasn't very good (sorry, I can't remember the name). Utz are supposed to be good but I haven't been able to find them.
simplynature.jpg
clancys.jpg
Clancys-CinnSweet1.jpg
GUEST_e037605e-d375-4cbe-9b5b-edb0d13b4e3a.jpg

Top Bottom