What's new

Potato Chips

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
image.jpeg I love potato chips, they are my downfall. We have some different flavours here in Australia every year. Some of the limited idition for this year are in the photo. Here is some of Smith's range for this Summer, from left Margherita, French Onion Dip, Tomato Salsa, BBQ Meatlovers and Garlic Bread. We did have Tomato flavour but it has finished its run.

Love Kettle Brand. That flavour in particular but the others are good too.

Of course being Canadian my absolute favorite is Old Dutch Ketchup

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
62A3A0CE-60FE-402B-A6CF-EA730C4E5236.jpeg New flavour from Smith’s in the Limited Edition run for the Summer here in Australia. Snag and Sauce. I like them very much but I really don’t get Snag and Sauce in the taste.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Snag and Sauce is supposed to taste like a Sausage and Tomato Sauce. I like the flavour of these chips/crisps but I don't really get the Snag and Sauce taste.

View attachment 921025 I love potato chips, they are my downfall. We have some different flavours here in Australia every year. Some of the limited idition for this year are in the photo. Here is some of Smith's range for this Summer, from left Margherita, French Onion Dip, Tomato Salsa, BBQ Meatlovers and Garlic Bread. We did have Tomato flavour but it has finished its run.

A few years ago a big US maker did a run of Garlic Bread, and they were pretty darn tasty as I recall. If you can get garlic bread chips regularly in Australia, you are a lucky bunch.

The same company did a run of biscuits n' gravy, which in the US translates to what the rest of the world would consider a sort of scone topped with a thick sauce made of milk, flour, and ground pork mixed with sage and black pepper. I loved those chips! But apparently I was the only one, as they weren't on the market very long.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D40C98E3-09C8-4244-AB94-137800A6CFA3.jpeg I picked up some new flavoured potato chips just in my workplace. They are put out by Smiths. We have Mac & Cheese and Spaghetti Bolognaise. I have not tried them yet but I am looking forward to giving them a taste.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4FBDDF46-9771-45F1-A305-B916298B793A.jpeg 23581AAA-385A-454E-99FE-8728531193CE.jpeg
Another new potato chip flavour put out by Smith’s here in Australia. Here we have Southern Fried Chicken. I have yet to try them but I hope to later on this afternoon while watching a few episodes of The Handmaids Tale.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C2764DEC-B262-41E1-B61A-2C4CFEBADABE.jpeg D8FE98B0-B791-4809-AF76-458D2EA6B781.jpeg
Another new potato chip for us here in Australia. Sticky BBQ Ribs put out by Smiths in their Thinly Cut line. Untested yet, will let you how they go.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D0896ED0-7FB9-4A01-88D0-9BDDA6B588D1.jpeg
Some more new potato chips for the spring/summer in Australia. We have Grilled Pepper Steak and Grilled Chicken with Lime and Chilli from Smiths. Then we have Honey BBQ Rib from Sprinters which is from Aldi. Untested yet, but they will be gone soon.

My current favourites here in the UK are Sainsbury or Tesco own brand (made in the same factory?) Camembert and Rosemary crisps. Amazing flavour!

I just tried these. All I tasted was a slight vinegar flavor. No pepperoncini flavor at all. Thumbs down.

ket pep.jpg

I find the best chips are the so called "kettle chips". So, Cape Cod and Deep River and Kettle all make great potato chips. And the famous Charle's Chips are awesome as well. And if I'm inclined to go a little more healthy, Baked Ruffles are really good as well. Add some onion dip and I won't eat dinner.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom