What's new

Tobacquisitions- August 2018

Not directly tobacco related, but I got a new disposable electronic cigar! My wife is nervous about me having the real ones often for fear of, ya know, cancer and stuff.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Some happenstance tobacquisitions.

20180812_023544~2.jpg

On the right is one of those electric plasma lighters. One of my coworkers ordered one, and it didn't show up, so he ordered this one, and then the other one showed up, so he gave me this one. I've been curious about them, but didn't want to buy one because I didn't think it would be good for pipes. It's not, but it's a neat toy. The cigar in the middle is from a friend. The one on the left was stuck in a flower arrangement at the wedding I was working last night.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Not directly tobacco related, but I got a new disposable electronic cigar! My wife is nervous about me having the real ones often for fear of, ya know, cancer and stuff.

Nice pick up!

While her fear is certainly valid, for myself I try to weigh the risk/benefit of tobacco. Like other risky habits such as driving, walking at dusk, taking a shower and eating foods high in salt, sugar and saturated fats, one must decide if they want to enjoy some risky aspects of life, or try to eliminate some or all of them. ;). Some tongue in cheek also applies.

Nice pick up!

While her fear is certainly valid, for myself I try to weigh the risk/benefit of tobacco. Like other risky habits such as driving, walking at dusk, taking a shower and eating foods high in salt, sugar and saturated fats, one must decide if they want to enjoy some risky aspects of life, or try to eliminate some or all of them. ;). Some tongue in cheek also applies.

That’s about the way I look at it too. I smoke a pipe most days, but I’m far more likely to buy it driving I-44 on the way to work in the morning, than a pipe getting me.

I went to my local B&M store last night in the Richmond, VA area and they had a decent selection of pipe tobacco blends. The guy working there said their blends are from Shockoe Valley Tobacco. I've never heard of this company, but I picked up an ounce each of Butter Rum, Burly without Bite, and Night Cap (Dunhill copy?). Anyone ever heard of these?

I went to my local B&M store last night in the Richmond, VA area and they had a decent selection of pipe tobacco blends. The guy working there said their blends are from Shockoe Valley Tobacco. I've never heard of this company, but I picked up an ounce each of Butter Rum, Burly without Bite, and Night Cap (Dunhill copy?). Anyone ever heard of these?

Those are all going to be a proprietary blend from that shop. Sometimes they will rename a blend from their bulk supplier, but usually it’s from their own book.

Got this african meer from the uk today. The maker is a bit of a mystery. I'm guessing Peterson but the "p" stamping is different than those that peterson used. The shape looks very petersony but I'm not sure. If so it was a steal. Great shape with only a slight scuff up front. Lightly smoked. Push pull tenon and a very nice open draw. It is more open that my new imp and tekin meers. Almost mm cob with no filter open lol.

20180814_213556.jpg

Sounds like Havana Connections... or was it OVTC?

I'm fairly certain these are relabeled bulks, but I'm not certain which. If you have Tuesday evening free, drop by Griffin Cigar at Stony Point Fashion Park (right behind PF Changs) on August 21st from 6-9 PM. I'm sure someone at the C.O.R.P.S. monthly meeting will know.

Sounds like Havana Connections... or was it OVTC?

I'm fairly certain these are relabeled bulks, but I'm not certain which. If you have Tuesday evening free, drop by Griffin Cigar at Stony Point Fashion Park (right behind PF Changs) on August 21st from 6-9 PM. I'm sure someone at the C.O.R.P.S. monthly meeting will know.
It was indeed Havana Connections. Thanks for the heads up on the CORPS meeting. I'll swing by Griffins if I am in town then. I've been to Stony Point a bunch of times, but I wasn't aware of Griffins. Any other recommended B&M stores in the Richmond area?

It was indeed Havana Connections. Thanks for the heads up on the CORPS meeting. I'll swing by Griffins if I am in town then. I've been to Stony Point a bunch of times, but I wasn't aware of Griffins. Any other recommended B&M stores in the Richmond area?

Would be great if you could get there. I’ll be there for sure.

As for the other retail B&Ms around town, there are a few that have some pipe stuff:
Old Virginia Tobacco Company(Carytown),
Cigar Realm(Innsbrook & Ashland),
Winston’s Humidor (Midlothian Tpk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom