What's new

Tobacquisitions- August 2018

Well, I will break the ice. Picked up some Black Irish XX, in an excellent B&M in Pittsburgh. Have wanted to try this for awhile smells fantastic!!

I'll spare you the picture of the bag...:001_rolle

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well, I will break the ice. Picked up some Black Irish XX, in an excellent B&M in Pittsburgh. Have wanted to try this for awhile smells fantastic!!

I'll spare you the picture of the bag...:001_rolle

Yeah, it looks like your just walked the dog...:lol:!!! I cut it up thinly and rub it out.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Haha, yep. My problem is I tend to smoke on an empty stomach so I will need to plan this out a bit.

Don’t worry too much about it. It’s strong in vitamin N, but not that strong. Just have a small bowl for your first one to gauge the effect and you’ll be fine. Where it is strong, is flavor. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone should be receiving a beauty soon. Damn, it is hard keeping a secret. :)

It is now August. Something great this way cometh. Sadly not from me.

Okay, so technically this is a July acquisition, but it's actually been in the works since about March of last year. This box arrived from England, through the ridiculously convoluted military mail system...

20180804_171832.jpg

The contents of said box are something I have been discussing with a certain well-known pipemaker since we started discussing the details of the 2017 B&B L.E. pipe. I didn't want it to interfere with that project, and it kinda got put on the back burner until @oc_in_fw started discussing his 50th birthday pipe project with me. Lo and behold, I just so happen to have one of those (a 50th birthday) coming up, so I totally copied Owen's idea and made this pipe a birthday gift to myself. Many thanks to Paul for jumping through hoops to get it done in time for me.

My birthday is one month from today, which is when i intend to christen this monster (Paul used the term XL, which might be a slight understatement). I move into the house at the end of this month, so I will have a nice, comfortable lanai on which to enjoy my first bowl (along with a suitable libation, of course). :001_cool:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, so technically this is a July acquisition, but it's actually been in the works since about March of last year. This box arrived from England, through the ridiculously convoluted military mail system...

View attachment 902348

The contents of said box are something I have been discussing with a certain well-known pipemaker since we started discussing the details of the 2017 B&B L.E. pipe. I didn't want it to interfere with that project, and it kinda got put on the back burner until @oc_in_fw started discussing his 50th birthday pipe project with me. Lo and behold, I just so happen to have one of those (a 50th birthday) coming up, so I totally copied Owen's idea and made this pipe a birthday gift to myself. Many thanks to Paul for jumping through hoops to get it done in time for me.

My birthday is one month from today, which is when i intend to christen this monster (Paul used the term XL, which might be a slight understatement). I move into the house at the end of this month, so I will have a nice, comfortable lanai on which to enjoy my first bowl (along with a suitable libation, of course). :001_cool:
Such a tease :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

View attachment 902348

Oh, if I in any way inspired you to do a 50th Birthday Pipe, even so different from mine, I am happy. That is a milestone, and making something exactly how you want is special. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. Paul does good work, and manages to find great grain (as others will soon see)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Lol! I can wait for your first smoke. I’m guessing something with a Danish inspiration.

Decided to start with a couple of basics and picked up C&D Briar Fox and Presbyterian Mix today. If it cools off a bit this evening, will give them both a go.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Decided to start with a couple of basics and picked up C&D Briar Fox and Presbyterian Mix today. If it cools off a bit this evening, will give them both a go.

Briar Fox is a nice smoke, but much of the flavor seems to be lost if you puff too quickly IME. Slow draws with a retrohale here and there yields a satisfying mild smoke.

Briar Fox is a nice smoke, but much of the flavor seems to be lost if you puff too quickly IME. Slow draws with a retrohale here and there yields a satisfying mild smoke.

You were right, @Kentos. Just had a nice relaxing bowl in my cob and it was mild and enjoyable. Going for a little more to start discerning the flavors.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You were right, @Kentos. Just had a nice relaxing bowl in my cob and it was mild and enjoyable. Going for a little more to start discerning the flavors.

Did I mention that I am pretty sure it will taste better with some age on it?

Top Bottom