What's new

Razor storage?

Hey All,

Just curious how everyone stores their razors that are in rotation? Here's my setup.
20180124_070453.jpg

At present I have only 2 razors. The one to be used tomorrow I hang from the razor/brush stand I got from Lee's Razors when I first started in the hobby. The one for 2 days in the future I rest in the white/red/clear plastic case that my Slim Adjustable came in.

However, I have another SuperSpeed coming. Methinks I will have to dig out the old pipe rack --!

While there's a box in the closet with far too many that don't see much use, the ones in regular rotation get to sit out on display.
razors1.jpg

The razor of the day, week, or until my fancy turns to another sits front and center with a die keeping track of blade useage. That's a toothbrush holder the SC, LC, Red tip, and Fatboy are nestled in.

razors2.jpg

While there's a box in the closet with far too many that don't see much use, the ones in regular rotation get to sit out on display.
View attachment 855193

The razor of the day, week, or until my fancy turns to another sits front and center with a die keeping track of blade useage. That's a toothbrush holder the SC, LC, Red tip, and Fatboy are nestled in.

View attachment 855194

@-EdG You have a nice pet there in the sink...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ouch! I just noticed that scorpion as well!
@-EdG I hope you noticed him as well and found him a more suitable place to reside, be it out side or under boot depending on how you react to them.

I get flack for how much I have visible now, if I took that much vanity space, or had that many razors out I may never hear the end of it. :a47: And my collection is quite a bit smaller, with maybe 12-13 razors at present, although several vintage guys I don't use much may be getting thinned very soon. Sort of leaning towards keeping Rocky, my Fat-Boy, Slim (birth year/quarter), the Qshave/MingShi, and maybe the GEM Jr.......the New SC, LC, Old Type, X3, Gem Push-Button, Pearl, Super-Adjustable, Teck II, Auto-Strop, and maybe even the near pristine Ball-End Tech might be leaving. (Tech is currently my travel razor, so not sure). Just going to go more minimalist, and maybe buy a Timeless.

These are the ones that I use on a regular or semi-regular basis. Nothing fancy and a little cluttered but I Donny have a tone of space available. All of this happens to be in the guest bedroom on the dresser.

74873DF5-8C2E-43B1-9CF5-7092741E10EF.jpeg
21016316-ABF8-4ECA-BE65-A3F3A644684F.jpeg
7097B85E-B465-4825-97FA-0DBAFA790AE3.jpeg

The razor of the day always lies in the bathroom, in my shave drawer with all my soaps and aftershaves.

The rest I started by keeping in some old wooden dovetailed boxes I refurbished for this purpose. But as the razors have somehow been growing seriously in numbers :whistling: I recently scored a vintage desk of drawers (from a shop) that I am now refitting for the same purpose, with small drawers each holding 9 razors.

FCA73CF1-DFAC-4644-87C8-53AB301E57A4.jpeg
E75603C1-781C-4953-BB5B-72FB90936865.jpeg
774F5721-DF2E-4166-BAD6-E089D7BD7A65.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
One DE in the bathroom

One DE in a drawer in the bedroom

Two DEs in travel washkits

Vintage hollow ground SEs and a straight on a shelf downstairs awaiting refurb.

Simple is good.

Wow these are some collections Gents. No way could I keep more than one out. I have my razors in their boxes. The two I use stay in Merkur plastic boxes then back to their cases. I would have to build a secret panel behind a wall. I'm lucky I can keep my brush out and my Slim or SS in a case on the counter. It goes with my reading room's 60s fixtures lol The Mrs is not buying it. Slim is the same age as the house! Can't you put it away? You have a shelf in the closet!

Very very nice. Really like everything, not least the Gillette store counter case, awesome time piece.
Thanks! My Mother-in-law gave me the Gillette display case as a gift, in advance, for me helping them install a new door at their house. She's also given me a Travel Tech in a nice case, and a Shick G-type injector razor. I really lucked out in the MIL department. My wife's not so bad, either!! All kidding aside, she's just as wonderful as her mother!

Top Bottom